General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Odd radiator issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 07:19 AM

Odd radiator issue

Don't know if anyone has had this happen before, but yesterday while driving normally early in the morning in the city my check gages light came on and I noticed the car was running hot so I shut it down and popped the hood to find coolant EVERYWHERE. I checked for about 20 minutes and rechecked to see if any hoses were loose but I couldn't find any; there were also no hoses that were completely missing... The cap was on tight to the radiator, but there was no fluids left inside as far as I could see. I figured the radiator itself was the problem so I had it towed back to my brothers house where I started to pour in cup after cup of water to try and find where it would start leaking but it never did. It got to the full point and I started it up and drove it around a bit to see if it would happen again and it has not in the 200 miles that I drove home from my brother's house for a weekend visit... Has this happened to anyone else before? The only other thing I can think of is if the cap's seal had failed for a moment, so I'm probably going to swing by a store and pick up a new one, just in case.