General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Odd gauge cluster issue / AIR pump question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 02:11 PM

Odd gauge cluster issue / AIR pump question

I have a weird electrical issue going on with my gauge cluster. Whenever I hit the brake right after starting the car up (or the ignition in the ON position), the tach will jump ~500 rpm for a split second then go back to the correct RPM (no change in actual engine RPM), also, a few of the idiot lights on the left hand side light up at the same time. I went through and put LEDs in the gauge cluster a couple weeks ago and the two that are near the top by the 60 mph and 80 mph mark burned out the day after I put them in (the stock bulbs I pulled out were torched too) after putting the car in gear, the issue doesn't show up again until you turn the ignition off and back on. I don't think this is a crossed wire elsewhere as it hasn't been popping fuses, and the car runs fine. Where would I look to find what's going on? I know the hot side of the circuit runs through the tach and 6 of the said gauge cluster lights to the PCM. Second (not related to the first) where can I get the software/walkthrough to delete the AIR out of the PCM? Mine is throwing a code and I would rather just take it off than pay a mechanic to diagnose something I don't really use (non-emissions county).

Thanks in advance.