General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

No Fbody But Good Enough

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 06:28 PM

Re: No Fbody But Good Enough

Originally Posted by 94'_Z28
I don't believe so. A person can never be as accurate as a computer. Autos are more consistent, and with the right stall should have no problems keeping up with a manual in a striaght line. IMO
I wasnt implying that your car was slow or anything, cuz it would rape mine. But autos just dont appeal to me for one simple reason; they're not fun to drive. I mean you only step on the gas and thats it. And yes i know autos are more consistent on the stip but that doesnt change my opinion. maybe its just me.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:37 AM

Nice car, I like the color as well.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:54 AM

Nice car. I would have to agree that the car needs a manual. If you are planning on running at the track then the A4 is fine but if you do not go to track then the manual is even more fun. I hope you enjoy that car. I like the looks of the gto eventhough the f-body looks more aggressive the gto is simply a sleeper, like the original gto. If you look at the history of the gto, it started out as a tempest with the engine from a Le Mans as an option package. It was not untill a year or two later that the GTO actually became a model. I miss my Z28 when I am in Traffic otherwise I love driving the GTO because mine is an M6 where my Z28 was an A4.

Charlie
Old 10-03-2005, 07:31 PM

this manual/auto thing is personal opinion only, even for fun factor. i have plenty of fun in my auto and i can say that after having owned plenty of sticks, including an m6 camaro. throw lt1 edit in the mix and you're just fine. for some of us, there's more to having fun in a vehicle than simply shifting it.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:43 PM

Is that why the A4 is up for sale
Old 10-05-2005, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Silver
this manual/auto thing is personal opinion only, even for fun factor. i have plenty of fun in my auto and i can say that after having owned plenty of sticks, including an m6 camaro. throw lt1 edit in the mix and you're just fine. for some of us, there's more to having fun in a vehicle than simply shifting it.
Exactly,, it is a matter of choice,, I like my auto and I have had sticks.

I don't see why people have to rag on you because you have an auto,, expecially from people who probably wouldn't even be able to drive a stick if they owned one themselves. Not aimed at fellow F Bod owners but those who get in mine and say I should have gotten a 6 speed. Most of those people have never owned a sports car or even a vehicle with any power.

I actually prefer an auto.

By the way very nice car!! A sleeper yes but it can wake up very quickly can't it??