General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

just my luck!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 03:33 AM

Angry just my luck!!!!!

i just got my car fixed after 6 months of chasing a miss fire and then this!!!
i drive it to the club tonight and some dumb a$$ hits me from behind. i get out and he is trying to take off. i reach thru the window and put his truck in park. i tell him to giveme his license and he will not. he tells me to go to the mcdonalds next to us. so i get back in and this dumb a$$ trys to run from me!!!!! he takes out several construction barrels and a couple of mail boxes so i keep following. he finaly blows the tires then the motor. i feel like i am in a bad episode of cops wildest police chases. i jump out and rip the plate of his truck. all the while i keep waiting to get shot by this a$$hole as he freaks out because i am ripping the plate off his car. it finally breaks off so i just take off!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH now my check engine light is on the tail light covers are broke and the lights are all jacked up and that is what i can see in the dark. man i am glade i did not drive my new vette tonight!!!!! any idea what would caus ethe check engine light to come on from a tail ending....it was a good hit he did not slow down at all. i saw it coming and tried to get out of the way but it was to late i was setting a a light and he was going 45 by th time i tried to punch it he hit me. man i csn not get a break!!!
Old 11-05-2004, 05:34 AM

Re: just my luck!!!!!

Sorry to hear about that, at least you got his plate so you can get him for a hit and run.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:16 AM

I'm so sorry man...
....but....

Hey... ATLEAST you got his plate number
Old 11-05-2004, 08:23 AM

Man, that really blows. That would definately be my luck, too.
Pretty ballsy to rip his plate off, but now you can screw him up as bad as he did your car.
Just hope he's got insurance!
Old 11-05-2004, 10:34 AM

Sounds like he might have been drunk and got scared because he didn't have insurance. Did the cops get involved or anything ? That really sucks man. I can't think of why the light would be on. Are you sure it has to do with the damage to the car, cuz it sounds like to me it might be because you had to drive the car hard to keep up with him. Good luck with getting him what he deserves.