General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

"INDY CYLINDER HEADS" Anyone have any experience with them and SBC heads?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 09:52 PM
n2oblkz

"INDY CYLINDER HEADS" Anyone have any experience with them and SBC heads?

Just like the title says, does anyone have any experience with Indy Cylinder Heads for porting SBC or LT1 heads? I went to their site to see if they had any info but you can't open any of the options. I knew that they did a lot of work with the Mopar crowd and I have heard a lot of good about them, just nothing about SBC or LT1. They had an option for Chevy, but again, I don't know if they are revamping the site or what?

Old 04-21-2005, 02:18 PM

Re: "INDY CYLINDER HEADS" Anyone have any experience with them and SBC heads?

I had a set of them on my Mopar years ago...junk.

But things change.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:32 PM
n2oblkz

Yeah, I called and talked to them and they do some work in SBC but not much. I'll being going somewhere else.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:29 PM

Indy's mopar heads hardly qualify as "junk". Their BB heads are on some of the fastest cars out there. Of course there's the Brodix B1 but that's another story.

Don't have much to add other than saying that their stuff from the last 10 years or so has been IMO... hard to beat.

n2o,
Shoot me an e-mail and I'll drop you a few names.

-Mindgame
Old 04-21-2005, 07:55 PM
n2oblkz

Ok, I'll get a hold of you Mindgame. I have pretty much narrowed it down to Lloyd, AI or Port Pro's, I was just curious about Indy Cylinder since I was close to them.

Old 04-21-2005, 08:38 PM

Ever bought a set eh? Bought a set of Indy heads for my Charger and they were junk putting it mildly. Exhaust seats wore out within a month on a drag car with very limited time on the motor.

This was almost 10 years ago and things change...but when I bought them, they were garbage...poor casting...poor machine work....
Old 04-22-2005, 08:48 PM

I purchased Indy Cylinder Heads for my 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T 10 years ago.
They went on my 500" motor. Went 9.50@144 in a 3980 lb.back-half car. The engine has made hundreds of laps since, and the heads have never been touched, even though the short block has been freshened twice. My performance and the quality of not only the product but the staff caused a number of local Mopar racers to purchase them. And that was before Ken Lazzeri went to work for them. Every single one of them was more than pleased.

However, I don't believe they do much SBC. I've had good results with AFR, Dart Pro-1, and the Brodix product.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:01 AM

I know Indy's ex-head machinist. He did all the machine work on my block when he was there. Let me tell you he did a perfect job. Anyway he now owns his own shop on the SE side of Indy, M&M Automotive Competiton Engines. Yes, Indy does do mainly Mopar, but Tim is a chevy guy. Give him a call (317)-353-1617.

FWIW, the only reason I went to Indy Cylinder Head was because I knew people who worked there, including my brother. I wouldn't take anything there now, the owner is a (insert explative here)!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 09:15 AM

Things can change...but the heads I got from them where horrible...
Old 06-06-2005, 08:09 PM

I dealt with these ******** in the middle 90's. Iwas totally not happy. Work quality was good, but hidden charges! Dropped off a set of heads to be milled down. i took them in and asked how much I was told a price, said lets do it, showed a week later to get them and they charged me for removing valves and re installing and some other B.S charges ended up being twice what I was told. They seen the heads and new I was leaving the valves in they should have told me a price that included everything, and not just to shave them. They flat took my heads and let me leave thinking I was paying x amount when I came back.

They are *******S, they said pay it or no heads.

Never been back and never will be back, find ALBERTS he is the man, he was the main guy at Gerte(SP). Was good enough to open his own head shop.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:16 AM
n2oblkz

Posted by: aggiez28
i wouldnt say this really belongs in this forum.......

your just asking about a company....

brook
I'm glad, that after two months, this was finally realized and addressed.