General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

extra cupholder

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 06:57 PM

extra cupholder

We all know that on 93-96 cars the cupholder that comes on the centre console behind the shifter is kinda useless especially on M6 cars. By placing a drink there it really interferes with your ability to shift gears.

Here's what I found out. The pass seat belt buckle is placed a perfect distance away from the pass. seat back which allows you to place a drink there (like a medium pop from a fast food place or a can). Even with a passenger seated you can still use that area as a place to put your drink. With a lid on there is a zero chance of spillage, with a can you may have to drink about 1/3 or half before you can place it there and not worry about it spilling.

Now your drink is held securely and out of the way without any interference of the shifter.

Tony

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you do happen to spill your drink using the method described above.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:12 PM

Re: extra cupholder

my advice is....
just finish the drink before you get in your car
absolutely zero chance of spillage
Old 08-21-2004, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by unvc92camarors
my advice is....
just finish the drink before you get in your car
absolutely zero chance of spillage
so your telling me you finish your drink before you get into your car.....have you ever been on a road trip or had to stop for lunch on the run???

btw cman nice find ill try it for sure

Last edited by spoetzel; 08-21-2004 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:43 PM

Hey really nice idea man I'm sure I'll use that after spilling SO many drinks with my M6's. I sell cars for a Ford dealership in sales and alot of the "older" people" that have been there for years can't understand why I'm such an F-body fan over the Stang. I explain the performace values but they never listen haha. But on a side note: when they ask me what I like about the new Stangs the only thing I can ever come up with to tell them is that the rubber piece in the center console allows for a small medium size drink and then you can take it out for a larger size lol. That always gets to them since I never mention anything else besides that.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:44 PM

I'll have to try that. I usually just put it inbetween my legs or if its a bottle with a top I put it between the door and drivers seat.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:58 AM

I bought one of those extender cup holders. It has two adjustments, one for the size of the hole you're putting it into and two, the size the drink. Both lock in place. Works well enough, although I do have an auto.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:55 AM

Why not use the cup holder in the passenger side door if you're going to be over on that side?
Old 08-22-2004, 03:15 AM

Just another reason why I should of bought the Formula over the Camaro. You guys get a freakin cup holder built into the door.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lower
Why not use the cup holder in the passenger side door if you're going to be over on that side?
Not sure what you mean by that, will have to take a look in my car to see where on the pass door you can place a drink.

One thing, if you're driving alone and you have to reach ALL the way over to that side to get a drink that's quite a stretch. My guess is you can put it in the driver's door somewhere or the area I described, easily accessible without having to reach a long way.

Forgot to mention, this works no problem in Firebirds not 100% sure if it's the same deal in Camaros.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by spoetzel
so your telling me you finish your drink before you get into your car.....have you ever been on a road trip or had to stop for lunch on the run???

btw cman nice find ill try it for sure
nah, not much of a lunch on the run type of guy
it is an interesting idea that i might have to try out sometime if i ever need too