General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Driver Window pooping out... relay mod?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:04 PM

Driver Window pooping out... relay mod?

OK first of all please don't yell at me lol. I have been reading up on a lot of information on here but please don't tell me to search for it.

About 8-10 months ago my driver window wouldnt work anymore. I bought an el-cheapo new window motor off of one of them ebay dealer guys. Had the chevy dealership put it in for me and work like a charm!

Passenger window has always been noticeably slower than the driver window, ESPECIALLY when you are rolling them both down at the same time with the driver side switch.

Now my driver window is not wanting to roll up all the way again. It usually stops about 2 inches prior to being all the way up.

I have been reading about the thermal bypass jobber inside the window motor, and definitely don't want to do that because of all of the side effects I have read about.

I am wanting to do this relay mod as it sounds very easy compared to the thermal mod.

Will this fix my problem in my DS window? Or is my window motor already crapping out again??

I want to get that package from WS6store or autotrix whatever you call it but on their website it says the $29.99 package is for the passenger side only.

However, others have said it works for the DS as well.

Would this even fix my DS window problem so it would roll all the way up from now on? Or has the new motor already started to screw up.

Kind of odd that it is doing this, because of the short amount of time the new motor has been installed in the car. It is a 98 Camaro.

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:17 PM

JMO but stay away from those cheap motors on ebay - had trouble with them before. My advice is get a new one from your local parts store with a lifetime warranty, and replace it yourself - it's not hard. Don't know anything about Autotrix, never tried it.