General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

can you name this part?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 01:07 AM

Question can you name this part?

ok i need some help here. can anyone tell me the name of the connector thats mounted on the sheetmetal in the rear wheelwell housing that plugs into the fuel pump harness as it comes out of the gas tank? its the little gray thing you see when you pull your rear seatback out. if anyone can tell me the name or possibly even where i can get one id be grateful. if i can get that part i can get my wifes trans am running after a 2 YEAR absence from the street. i would have just straight wired it but my wife wants to leave this one stock, so if anybody can at least give me a name id appreciate it, after all whats sexier than watching a beautiful women clide out of the drivers seat of a transam after handing a mustang its ***?
Old 04-25-2006, 01:35 AM

Re: can you name this part?

Originally Posted by maverickmechanic
ok i need some help here. can anyone tell me the name of the connector thats mounted on the sheetmetal in the rear wheelwell housing that plugs into the fuel pump harness as it comes out of the gas tank? its the little gray thing you see when you pull your rear seatback out. if anyone can tell me the name or possibly even where i can get one id be grateful. if i can get that part i can get my wifes trans am running after a 2 YEAR absence from the street. i would have just straight wired it but my wife wants to leave this one stock, so if anybody can at least give me a name id appreciate it, after all whats sexier than watching a beautiful women clide out of the drivers seat of a transam after handing a mustang its ***?
fuel pump meter I dunno?
Old 04-25-2006, 06:54 AM

You should specify some specifics on the car you working on. V6?V8, year, tranny ect...

If this is on the right side, its probably the Pass Thru Connector.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:40 AM

Find a pick-n-pull junk yard and whack the peice you need off of a similar f-body. Voila!

Have you tried nailing this peice down with a parts center guy at the local dealership? I've been on a couple wild goose chases like yours and have always found what I needed by one of the two methods above. Little stuff like clips and connectors are sometimes cheaper through the dealership as the salvage yard guys can get carried away with prices on tiny stuff.