General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Camaro 96. lt1

Old 07-30-2015, 01:52 AM

Re: Camaro 96. lt1

Put the new wire in place it looks like a spark plug wire longger than the other one but it firred right up seaams to be woorking. Got a 7mm............... Cleaning the throttle blades I smell gasoline. I smell the vacuum line from the fuel pressure regulator and same think dint find any fuel but smell means leaking. Time for a new pressure regulator... is funny how we start with it and it was ok and now is leaking Saw one for 83$ 1yw best option around everything with my car is going to hell! any advice is appreciated. Need to bleed system first right?
Old 07-30-2015, 11:27 AM

Please look a mi pictures I finally upload one. I found some plugs disconnected can some one help me? Cant upload it here..
Old 07-31-2015, 02:03 PM

I was changing cluster lights today, found that some lights were missing. I put New ones and put every thing back to like it was . I plug battery back and try to turn the car back up. And nothing happend not even cranking nothing. The ABS inop light was comming up batterry haves charge and all The work was done with out the batterry plugged. I try to start the car and nothing. I dont know what to do. Dont know if is the security of the car dont letting me'. There was not a bulp in the security light. Fuel pump primes like normal ac, radio cluster all works. But engine is not cranking. The starter was change by the last owner about 4 mnths ago . Im not using the original key I have a copy. I still have the original but is broken...

Last edited by AtlasXVIII; 07-31-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:56 PM
ZZ

From the sounds of this thing, maybe it's time to trade it in...on a Mustang. I mean, c'mon... even the KEY is broken??? Bwahahahahahahahah.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by ZZ
From the sounds of this thing, maybe it's time to trade it in...on a Mustang. I mean, c'mon... even the KEY is broken??? Bwahahahahahahahah.
Say something intelligent. Surprise me
Old 08-01-2015, 11:14 PM
ZZ

You'll have to forgive my sarcasm, but you've been smelling gas and finding disconnected hoses and wires for over 60 very difficult to read posts now and it sounds like you are no better off than when you started. I really don't mean to discourage you, but people can't help you if you ask them to look at your photos but don't post a link to them, and then just skip over very good replies to your other questions for whatever reason. Again, I don't want to put you off, I apologize for busting your chops, but you're not making it easy for anyone to help you if you ignore insightful responses from Fred and others, and post questions in cryptic form. As for your photos, Try opening a photobucket account and put a link to your pictures.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by ZZ
You'll have to forgive my sarcasm, but you've been smelling gas and finding disconnected hoses and wires for over 60 very difficult to read posts now and it sounds like you are no better off than when you started. I really don't mean to discourage you, but people can't help you if you ask them to look at your photos but don't post a link to them, and then just skip over very good replies to your other questions for whatever reason. Again, I don't want to put you off, I apologize for busting your chops, but you're not making it easy for anyone to help you if you ignore insightful responses from Fred and others, and post questions in cryptic form. As for your photos, Try opening a photobucket account and put a link to your pictures.
Lol that's one of the longest threads I've seen,I didn't know where to start on helping on this post
Old 08-02-2015, 12:42 AM

You have to applaud his enthusiasm. To buy a 20 some year old car that probably has been thrashed its entire life and try to bring it to original working condition or better is a daunting task...even for a knowledgeable mechanic that has experience with these cars. Some of the threads lately have me wondering if some people have made bad choices. Still....gotta give props to the effort. I hate to see LT1 f-bodies in the junkyard.

However, I would like to see the original problem in this thread solved. Confirmed solved.....end of thread. If you have problems with something else. Start a new thread. I was following along to see if this car ever got fixed but I'm so lost on what has been done... which issues have been addressed.... which issues stand out as needing solved. Hell I don't think he ever pulled the injector rail to see if injectors were leaking. If he did solve that/confirm injectors aren't leaking then I missed it. It almost feels as if he is hijacking his own thread.

Last edited by DelSoto; 08-02-2015 at 12:50 AM.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:16 AM

I've been having a lot of problems with the car, Thats true I don't know **** about mechanic or cars, but with this car learning mechanic was a must do. I was having problems with fuel pressure, fuel smell ,over heating, missfires. I fix the fuel smell the evap canister was unplugged. Apparently the evap canister have to do something with sistem pressure. Battery draining, I got a new alternator and then the battery drain, Water from the radiator drain one battery. I got it change under guarantee and found that the radiator was broken. Got a new radiator and lines. then the car overheated, found that the "big" fan was not working. Now the car stays in 180°. Poor acceleration was the MAF. I clean it and it improved alot, Bought a cold air intake kit K&N and is moving pretty good. still i was having problems accelerating and it was the fuel. They were selling 86 oct like 100oct not good if you ask 89 is the recommended. They close the gas station. I didn't pull the injectors out because after fuel pressure was staying at 40-42 and not dropping. Im tired of using 4cyl cars and 6cyl I want to use my Small block chevy motor Hell even though Im having alot of problems I still love the car. The car is old but turn heads more than some newer cars. The other problems is the car dont let read codes. But one problem at the time lmfao. I appreciate the help. I was thinking to get a new key, but I was reading and the steering wheel later can have problems with the system. Im not Gonna spend 40$ in a key to later have the same problem. Gonna go to Radiochack and get some resistors to by pass the sytem. I want to spend money in the car but I cant if I dont fix the little problems. I read the posts and I get pump lol Everyone with Heads/ cams and Me just trying to turn on the car.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Administrator

I fix the fuel smell the evap canister was unplugged. Apparently the evap canister have to do something with sistem pressure.
On 5/3/15, in post #13, I told you that the fuel smell could be coming from the EVAP canister system.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/gen...6/#post6976221

You apparently never followed up on my suggestion, because it wasn't until almost 3 MONTHS LATER (7/28/15) that you discovered that was actually the problem causing the fuel smell in post #97. Why didn't you check when I told you that was a possible problem?

You always come back and say you "checked everything" but I seriously doubt you do half of what is suggested. When I pointed this out in the past, you seem annoyed with me.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/gen...7/#post6979234

An early complaint was poor fuel mileage. I told you to actually calculate the fuel mileage so we knew how much it is actually using. You NEVER did that, yet you are still complaining about poor fuel mileage. If the gas station you apparently always use was selling low octane fuel, maybe they had their pumps rigged to give you less than the meter indicated.

By the way:

They were selling 86 oct like 100oct not good if you ask 89 is the recommended.
Read you Owner's Manual..... the minimum allowable fuel octane it 87. The correct octane, with no performance loss, for an LT1 is 91, right out of the Owner's Manual. Running 86 might at times cause some audible detonation (knock), and the power would be way down. But.... you apparently don't care about loss of power, or using poor quality fuel, because in post #62 you told us you were running 88 octane. Why would you do that if you thought the correct octane is 89?

Do you see how little sense most of your posts make.

At this point, this thread is way too long to be of any use. You have managed to **** off just about everyone who has tried to help you. When someone points out the fact that your post are inconsistent, unclear, you are not following up on the suggestions, you get nasty.

This thread will be closed. I would strongly suggest you start a new thread, focusing ONLY ON ONE PROBLEM. Write clear posts. Try a little harder on spelling, grammar and punctuation. When someone offers a suggested test or a way to correct a problem, follow up on it in a timely manner, and come back with the results of your tests.... actual measurements when appropriate.... not just "I checked and everything is OK".

That is the only way people are going to be willing to help you with your problems, and the only chance you have of sorting out the problems, at least on this site.

First thing you need to do is find out why your PCM cannot be scanned. Without that ability, you are hurting your chances of finding problems.

Last edited by Injuneer; 08-02-2015 at 06:20 PM.