General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

97 and 98+ dash harness compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 06:18 PM

97 and 98+ dash harness compatibility

I'm getting tired of looking.

I've kept looking for a number of years now for the correct body harness for my application but I can never find exactly what I'm looking for. My '94 has a '00+ dash in it and is starting to suffer from electrical issues. The swap used a modified '94 dash harness. I would prefer to swap the entire dash harness to a later model compatible harness and be done with it. I got a line on one a few months back and lost the phone number.

I don't want to strip a perfectly good car just for the dash harness. Mine is still getting fixed back up so that's kind of like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

What I was looking for was a coupe harness, T56, non TCS, for a 97. I'm still running the LT1, 0411 PCM.

I was curious if a 98+ dash and light harness would work. I know the cluster would need to be changed, the PCM flashed to match the VIN of the BCM, the front harness changed slightly for the difference in lights, and I would need to run the 24x calibration for the tach to work properly. Any other reason (fuel tank, etc) it wouldn't work?

Monsoon doesn't matter, and Id prefer all A/C and other functions still work. Emissions is immaterial.