General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

1984 Z28 USA olympic Edition

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 05:05 PM

1984 Z28 USA olympic Edition

I have a 1984 USA olympic Edition Z28 Camaro I am trying to get information on this car it was purchased brand new at Gallo Chevrolet in Albuquerque I have been trying to see pictures of this car on the internet and there is only one picture posted and it is not of the same car it seems to be a strip down base model with only a strike package I have been reading threads that say they didn't make them in a Z28 they did make this car and I have it I just don't know how many they made it doesn't just have a stripe package it also has gold moldings and gold moldings where the sail panel is between T-tops and the back window the car is white with blue interior and only has 68000 miles I purchased it from the original owners the car was originally purchased bye the grandmother of the lady I purchased it from she passed away and left it to her I cannot get any information on this car I called the to the owner of the Chevrolet Hall of Fame Museum and spoke with him he was very interested in the car and wanted to purchase it but would not give me any information on how to find anything out about it or if it was the only one made or how many of them was made he just wanted to purchase the car he wanted to see pictures of it he told me the only one who would be interested in a car like this would be a museum but would not give me a lead on how to find out any info on it I do want to sell the car but I would like to find out more about it before I sell it I'm going to try to post some pics and if anybody can let me know on how to find out some info on it I really appreciate it thank you
Old 05-14-2017, 11:04 PM

Re: 1984 Z28 USA olympic Edition

The Camaro White Book list "A special Camaro Sarajevo Winter Olympics Package was offered in November and December of 1984. This was SEO (Special Equipment Option) 1A3. The cars were white with red/white/blue stripes and had winter Olympics insignias with Sarajevo '84". The book shows 3722 were built.

https://goo.gl/images/Qy8wxw

Last edited by peterpar; 05-14-2017 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:28 AM

Did that include Z28 T Tops everyone I spoke to said that it was just the base model and I don't know if that number included Z28 fully loaded also I was able to read some of what the sticker says and it actually says galles Chevrolet USA 84 Olympian Edition I don't know if that is the same as the Olympic Edition that they are talking about I don't know if there's a difference between the two I just know I'm not able to see one in the Z28
Old 05-15-2017, 02:56 AM

And I really appreciate it thanks
Old 05-15-2017, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by peterpar
The Camaro White Book list "A special Camaro Sarajevo Winter Olympics Package was offered in November and December of 1984. This was SEO (Special Equipment Option) 1A3. The cars were white with red/white/blue stripes and had winter Olympics insignias with Sarajevo '84". The book shows 3722 were built.
This is all the book says about this RPO. It doesn't break the production numbers down any farther to include Sport Coupes, Berlinetta Coupes or Z28 Sport Coupes. It doesn't mention if it was available with all three coupe options or all the other RPO codes. Check the service parts identification sticker to see if the 1A3 RPO code is listed. This would be one way to identify the car as having the Olympic Package.

Here's an ad for a V6 currently for sale on Craigslist.

Last edited by peterpar; 05-15-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Galles Chevrolet is still in business. Have you contacted them?
Old 05-15-2017, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by peterpar
This is all the book says about this RPO. It doesn't break the production numbers down any farther to include Sport Coupes, Berlinetta Coupes or Z28 Sport Coupes. It doesn't mention if it was available with all three coupe options or all the other RPO codes. Check the service parts identification sticker to see if the 1A3 RPO code is listed. This would be one way to identify the car as having the Olympic Package.

Here's an ad for a V6 currently for sale on Craigslist.
can I email you some pictures of the car and the codes and the VIN number and maybe you can look up somehow and get back with me
Old 05-15-2017, 11:14 PM
Administrator

You can get a complete list of all the codes on your car when it left the factory, plus a definition of each code, plus the manufacture date, based on the VIN. Used to be free, but now there is a small charge:

Comprehensive Chevrolet...... VIN Decoder

Seems to me the only RPO that is an issue is "1A3”. Is that code on your service parts label?
Old 05-17-2017, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
You can get a complete list of all the codes on your car when it left the factory, plus a definition of each code, plus the manufacture date, based on the VIN. Used to be free, but now there is a small charge:

Comprehensive Chevrolet...... VIN Decoder

Seems to me the only RPO that is an issue is "1A3”. Is that code on your service parts label?
I don't think I have that code I do have some A codes but not 1A3 that is one of the reasons why I am thinking there may be very few of this particular car I have contacted the dealer it was purchased from and they are trying to find the old records for the car but I'm still searching for info on it
Old 05-17-2017, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Sounds like the dealer may have added the decals.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Sounds like the dealer may have added the decals.
when I spoke to the guy at the Chevrolet Hall of Fame I spoke to the owner of the museum he told me that the factory just decided to pull a random car off the assembly line and put a package on it so it's a little hard to tell because of that he said but he said that was the way she decided to do it that's kind of what is puzzling me I do have some a codes but they are a little different not quite sure if the cars that were Z28 have different codes from the base strip down ones I've heard that they were other these out there that were Olympians additions somebody said that there were two thousand Z28 made and some people are saying there a myth
Old 05-18-2017, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Review the 1984 portion of the 3rd Gen RPO lists. There is nothing to suggest that a code that starts with "A" or an "A" in the middle has anything to do with the Special Olympics Package.

AustinThirdGen.Org