Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

Some direction with lines please :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 05:28 PM

Some direction with lines please :)

OK heres the story, I bought a roller with all an lines from sumped tank forward. Car is equiped with an a1000 pump. I have a drawing below showing you the components I have but I need some help with what goes where. I know its asking a lot but could someone please help me connect the dots basically. I assume that A1/A2 connect to the front of the rails and the back rails go to the regulator sides and that the bottom of the regulator is my return line? I just want some clerification.

Also, I have an electronic phantom pillar guage for fuel pressure that is still in the car with an electronic controller but I cannot find the connection anywhere that plugs it in to the regulator. Im assuming it would thread in but I cant find it anywhere. I guess I will have to pull the pillar and follow the wiring?

Also, I have a smaller micron filter but I don't know where to put it unless I pulled the fender wall and unscrewed the Y fitting and put it right before the Y? Otherwise I assume I would need two filters, one for A1 and one for A2?

Please advise if you have time

Old 05-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Administrator

I have a similar setup. Starting at the fuel pump suction connection at the tank:

-some fuel pump manufacturers recommend a 100micron filter in the pump suction line. I don't run one, but it may be a good idea.

-single filter is fine, as long as it is big enough. Should be a 10micron unit.

-in my setup, the supply line splits at the cowl, and runs into the back of each fuel rail. Equivalent to hooking A1 to E and A2 to F.

-I have a single -AN connection on the diagonal crossover line at the front of the intake, where you have two. I run a single return line from the diagonal crossover line to an AFPR mounted under the cowl. You would run a pair of lines from C/D back to the AFPR, I would assume G/H are the connections for the lines from the rails. Confirm that with the instructions for the Aeromotive AFPR.

-single return line from I to the B connection at the tank.

-You need to look at the instructions for the AFPR, but I would guess that "I" is the connection for the vacuum compensation line. You should be able to look up the instructions for the AFPR online.

-Your fuel gauge pressure sensor can be located anywhere on the supply side. Run the A1 or A2 lines through a "fuel gauge block" before attaching to the rails. I have an 1/8" NPT bbung welded to the middle of the passenger side fuel rail for my pressure sensor.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:31 PM

Thanks for the help Injuneer. I beleive you are the one that helped me in the past when I first asked about this. I will have to do a little bit of reading as im not sure what the vacuum compensation line is or why it would be connect to the same point as the return line? Or did you mean J should be the vacuum compensation line? Right now J does that have that plug, it is an open hole on what I was given with the car.

Anyway that gives me a good start. I was going to end up running the lines backwards so it is a good thing I asked. I will take some photos of the engine bay tomorrow in case you are interested in the way it is set up.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Administrator

You are correct... "I" appears to be the return line, "J" may be a pressure tap. The vacuum compensation line would be on the upper red section of the AFPR... looks like it is pointing to the right, just in front of the bracket.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Banned

^^ you are right on the vac line...I have the same regulator.....

Mine is in series so I come off the rail into the right side and the bottom one goes back to the tank, just a plug in the left side and I don't have the vac. hooked up on mine

I know its is less than ideal but its what I have for now.......
Old 05-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Nothing wrong with not using the vacuum compensation, as long as the tune takes that into consideration. I dont' run vacuum compensation.