Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

Optispark Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 12:29 PM
GPA

Optispark Replacement

I am looking to run a multi coil ignition set up on my 93 Camaro. The Delteq system I was using died and I can't find parts for this system, specifically the ignition controller. Is anyone using the electomotive or auto tune systems? This is a daily driver and I'm looking just to get it back on the street. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The Optispark type system would be my very last option.

Thanks
Old 03-27-2017, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Re: Optispark Replacement

Bailey LTCC:

Bailey LTCC setup

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1...ns-new-882760/

Like the Delteq, it uses the cam position signals from the Opti. Does not use the high voltage section. Feeds 8 LS1 type coils. Getting the high voltage discharge out of the Opti case eliminates most of the Opti problems. And unlike the Delteq, the designer/manufacturer has stayed involved with the product, and supports it.

I run a somewhat similar system, Opti cam position sensor feeding a MoTeC M48Pro ECU, and an 8-channel ignition driver feeding 8 LS1 coils. Been using it since 2000, before the LTCC was available. Has been a bulletproof ignition for 17 years. But the MoTeC stuff is extremely expensive, many times the cost of the LTCC.

What Electromotive system are you asking about? They made a system called "Super Direct Ignition/Opti-Eliminator" back in the late 1990's. I had one, it was a dog. Designed by the same guy who eventually designed the Delteq, and then abandoned all his customers, leaving them high and dry.

But, which Electromotive system?

And who makes the Auto-Tune?
Old 03-27-2017, 08:42 PM
GPA

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I'm not sure which electromotive system was quoted to me, I kind of glazed over after hearing the $2400 price was just the starting point. It required complete removal of the optispark, installation of their positioner..etc. I'm really looking for something simpler.
I had trouble contacting Baily Eng. Their system seems like something that would work for me so I will try again tomorrow. Their web site didn't seem to be maintained (error messages when clicking on photos). This made me concerned about service after the purchase, didn't want a Delteq reload...Lol.
Here is the link to DIYAutotune. https://www.diyautotune.com/ I was quoted a price of appox. $1320. This was for the MS3 PRO system. The harness was generic and only had a connector for the ecu, the other end of the harness would need to have ends installed.

Thanks again
Old 03-27-2017, 09:59 PM
Administrator

The EFI connection 24X is a much simpler conversion using an LS1 PCM and 8 coils, no Opti at all. They show kits applicable to all 92-97 LT1 engines.

https://www.eficonnection.com/home/c...-line/efi-24x-

Torqhead is similar, but a bit more plug-and-play.

TORQHEAD LTD - HOME

The diyautotune stuff appears to be focused on import auto brands.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:57 AM
GPA

Thanks Injuneer for all your help. I decided to go with the LTCC from Bailey eng for about $400 and the coil and bracket pkg from EFI Connection for about $500. These are my best options for a reliable and affordable system that is pretty much plug and play.
This is a great forum that has helped me alot...thanks again.