Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

Injector popped out of fuel rail?

Old 03-01-2007, 08:12 AM

Question Injector popped out of fuel rail?

This is going to be hard to explain, but I am going to ask anyway.

For the past 3 months we have had this car torn down, and are just now getting it back together. I was about to re-install the fuel rail COVERS last night, and noticed the pass. side rear of the fuel rail was popped up somewhat.

I looked closer, and the rear injector on the pass. side is out of the fuel rail.
I tried to push the fuel rail back down a little, but it would hardly budge.

Should I take the entire fuel rail out to re-install this injector? Or try to pull the injector from the intake, and try to pop it back up in the fuel rail?

Sorry if this is a dumb question....it was LATE last night, so I stopped to avoid any frustration.

I don't want to damage anything, so I wanted to be sure.

Thanks for any replies.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:16 AM

Sounds like the injector rail isn't seated properly. Remove the 4 bolts and reseat the injectors evenly, then bolt it back down.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28 View Post
Sounds like the injector rail isn't seated properly. Remove the 4 bolts and reseat the injectors evenly, then bolt it back down.
See that is the thing. The 4 bolts are not in the fuel rail. When I removed the fuel rail covers, the 4 bolts came out w/ it. MBA stuff.

I had no problems w/ it before. How hard is it to remove the entire fuel rail? Or just pop it up, and re-seat it?
Old 03-01-2007, 08:32 AM

just pop out the entire fuel rail and re seat it
keep in mind, each individual injectors o-ring is supposed to provide a tight fit, so popping 8 of them at once wil take some force, just do it carefully and slowly, pop 4 at a time
Old 03-01-2007, 08:32 AM

If the bolts are out, pop it out, reseat Make sure all your orings are in place.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by respectirocz View Post
just pop out the entire fuel rail and re seat it
keep in mind, each individual injectors o-ring is supposed to provide a tight fit, so popping 8 of them at once wil take some force, just do it carefully and slowly, pop 4 at a time
Yeah! I noticed it will take a little force. I figure pop one side out at a time would be best.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28 View Post
If the bolts are out, pop it out, reseat Make sure all your orings are in place.

Well, if it's just those 4 bolts, and no other crazy LT1 tricks, to pop out the rail, then that is what I will do. Yes, I will double check the orings.

Thanks yall!
Old 03-01-2007, 09:20 AM

Check the o-rings for dry rot and replace if needed. Also rub a little motor oil on the o-rings to help things seat properly.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by OBE1 95Z28 View Post
Check the o-rings for dry rot and replace if needed. Also rub a little motor oil on the o-rings to help things seat properly.

They are year old SVO 32#. They looked great last night. I will add a little oil to help them seat properly though.

Thanks
Old 03-01-2007, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
They are year old SVO 32#. They looked great last night. I will add a little oil to help them seat properly though.

Thanks
Yeah make sure you put oil on the o-rings. It'll help protect them from damage/ripping and will make the injector just pop into place very easily.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:53 AM

make sure the clip is still there holding the injector to the rail,, most people think it is ok to leave these clips off when they do an injector swap, but this clip is the only thing holding your injector to the fuel rail no matter what other people say!
Old 03-01-2007, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by jay_lt4 View Post
make sure the clip is still there holding the injector to the rail,, most people think it is ok to leave these clips off when they do an injector swap, but this clip is the only thing holding your injector to the fuel rail no matter what other people say!
If you are talking about the small clip that looks like a claw, above each injector, bent over the fuel rail, I noticed mine was not on there. Now, the metal clip that I had to pop out to unplug the injector was there. But not the clip I think you are talking about.

I hope it isn't broken off.

Thanks for bringing that up!
Old 03-01-2007, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
If you are talking about the small clip that looks like a claw, above each injector, bent over the fuel rail, I noticed mine was not on there. Now, the metal clip that I had to pop out to unplug the injector was there. But not the clip I think you are talking about.

I hope it isn't broken off.

Thanks for bringing that up!

yes you need those small clips on there, other wise vibration and fuel pressure over time can push the injector down, i know many people have posted that they have left those clips off (dont know if they break them or cant get them installed on the new injectors correctly) after a fuel injector swap but they are the only thing holding the injector in and should be installed
Old 03-01-2007, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by jay_lt4 View Post
yes you need those small clips on there, other wise vibration and fuel pressure over time can push the injector down, i know many people have posted that they have left those clips off (dont know if they break them or cant get them installed on the new injectors correctly) after a fuel injector swap but they are the only thing holding the injector in and should be installed
The clips won't fit/work with SVO injectors which many of us run. It's completely fine to run the injectors with out those clips. There is no way for the injector to come out as the fuel rail is firmly bolted in place and holds the injector from coming out.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Z95m6 View Post
The clips won't fit/work with SVO injectors which many of us run. It's completely fine to run the injectors with out those clips. There is no way for the injector to come out as the fuel rail is firmly bolted in place and holds the injector from coming out.
Well, I have SVO injectors on mine, and the clips fit just fine. No problems w/ them fitting.

I have a pic of the issue, I just have no way to post on this thread.

I didn't have time to work on it last night

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Injector popped out of fuel rail?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.