Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

60lb fuel injector recomendation

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 04:11 PM

60lb fuel injector recomendation

I am switching to a 60lb fuel injector and I'm considering the TREperformance set. Are these worth a go? Also considering a set of AUS from Jegs but they are twice the cost.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Re: 60lb fuel injector recomendation

I've seen negative comments on the TRE injectors. There's one review on Yelp indicating a set failed in three months, and warning people to stay away from the Chinese stuff. There's a thread on ltxtech.com that includes a warning to stay away from the Chinese crap. There's a thread on ls1tech.com condemning Chinese rip-offs. When sellers use the term "style" to imply the product is Bosch quality, good indication they are selling Chinese stuff. In response to the Yelp review, TRE responded to the quality issue by noting they were warranteed, but did not deny they were Chinese. There's a reason they are 1/2 price.

Been on this site for 19 years, and can't recall anyone indicating they are using TRE.

Also not personally familiar with AUS. I believe they sell both New and rebuilt injectors. A quick Google search on "AUS injector reviews" turned up nothing bad, and several good.

I run an older style Bosch 64 #/HR low-impedance injector, bought them used from a friend, and they have been extremely reliable over the years. But injector designs, including Bosch, have improved substantially over the years.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:11 PM

Thanks for the input. I saw the reviews but was curious if anyone in here had any experience with them. Sounds like ill just steer clear. I have hers alot of good things about these. 60lb/h Siemens Deka High Impedance (Long Style) with EV1 Connector ? FI114961 (60mm) | Muscle Motors | Siemens Deka Distributor
This may sound like a dumb question but what all is needed to change from a high to low impedance injector?
Old 11-02-2017, 12:08 AM
Administrator

There is a "black box" that allows you to drive low impedance injectors with the stock PCM. Called VersaFueler, made by Acceleronics.

Acceleronics home page

AEM also makes a converter, and Racetronix sells a harness.

But a high quality, modern design high impedance 60 #/HR should not be a problem. 17 years ago when I did my setup, 42 #/HR was pretty much the upper limit for high impedance. And my whole setup is based on a MoTeC aftermarket ECU, capable of driving high or low impedance injectors (and incidentally, 8 LS1 style coils, built in data logging, multiple program levels - all motor, 1 or 2-stage nitrous).

Look at the stuff that Racetronix carries:

Racetronix - Fuel Injectors - High Impedance
Old 11-02-2017, 04:41 AM

Interesting. Ill just stick with the high impedance set. Thanks