Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

What will you be doing to your FI Camaro over the winter?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 07:38 PM

Re: What will you be doing to your FI Camaro over the winter?

<officially Jealous>! Great Chris! Let me know how you like it when you start tuning.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:38 AM

did you get some/all of this done? Just wondering how the wide quarter panels look when installed.

Chris just got his 24x conversion. Did you get yours installed and tuned? What do you think about that particular mod? Worth it?

Originally Posted by lymlyt96
dick harrell wide quarter panels
new paint scheme
new interior design
pulley down and put together my wastegate setup
finish the 24x conversion
put on new 18" bmw style wheels
Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 AM

Just to stay in the character of the subject line,... I've been freezing my tookus off in the recent weather, getting the old kit off and installing the new one. Because I have a BMR tubular K-Member versus the stock K-member the hot side was mocked up with, there's been some adjustments. I cut off approx 3" of the downpipe where it goes over the K-member and drops down for the starter. I have an Oxycetylene welder setup and it's all welded and put in place. I had to cut the power steering high pressure side line and reroute it. That's been done too. It's way too bitterly cold (and the high winds are not helping either) to work on it this morning. I have to finish mocking up/welding the
downpipe to Borla intermediate piping, get the fans mounted(Mocked up to where one stock fan will be in the stock 'pulling' location while the other stock fan will be in front of the radiator, pushing)then a few other odds & ends but it should be ready to drive after those things. Looking forward to it. I won't be able to work on it from tomorrow till the end of the month(traveling). Hopefully thereafter, I'll be able to finish her up.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:27 PM

I have to finish fixing an exhaust leak on my Camaro then I can get to installing the 24x setup. Figures the temp drops into the 20's for the last 3 days and goes back up to 80 this week before it starts raining.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:43 AM

Aye.. the weather gods seem firmly against us DIY'ers at this point. Looking forward to hearing you've got it all in place.

Originally Posted by 97WS6SCharged
I have to finish fixing an exhaust leak on my Camaro then I can get to installing the 24x setup. Figures the temp drops into the 20's for the last 3 days and goes back up to 80 this week before it starts raining.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:09 PM

Tell me about it. I finished up the header install on the LS1 Thursday morning. It was 40 degrees in the garage when I started and 75 around noon time when I got over to the exhaust shop (open headers FTW). Looking for a quieter setup for it now though (who knew headers + ORY + Loudmouth would be so damned loud ). I did start pulling the blower off (again) so I can remove the WP/timing cover next week. Hope to have the harness out in the next day or two though.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by DirtyDaveW
did you get some/all of this done? Just wondering how the wide quarter panels look when installed.

Chris just got his 24x conversion. Did you get yours installed and tuned? What do you think about that particular mod? Worth it?
Well I got 4 out of 6 done the wheels are on, I came up with a design for the interior I'm comfortable with (form and function) everything's just about done in there, I decided against using the smaller pulley for now until I get some base numbers but the wastegate is setup, and the 24x setup is on and about 90% complete just gotta finish looming a few more wires then off to the tuner. I ended up using a 2 bar map and z06 card maf so itll be easier for him to tune at least thats what he told me.
As far as the paint scheme and quarters I have the scheme just gotta get started on the quarters but it might be a couple months before those get started a couple more things were added to the winter list. Im gonna make a few copies of my bumper first for some buddies then work on a lexan (plexiglass) targa top kit, already talked to a company that can help me with a factory style glass top for a VERY reasonable price so the quarters got pushed to the bottom of the list but with some help I can probably still get everything done in the next 3-4 months. Somehow I got caught up making a mold for some cme valances I dont even know how I got talked into doin that with everything else thats left to do on my list
Old 02-24-2013, 11:03 PM

My project may be going back on hold for a bit. Found out today that there's something wrong with the valves/lifters/cam (1 of the 3) on my daily car (156k mile LS1). May have to divert funds to the 6.0 sitting in the garage.