Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

what to expect RWHP??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 09:30 PM

what to expect RWHP??

Need advice but not sure what to expect out of current set up?? I have a 383 lt1,8:1 CR,afr 210 RR,LT4 intake,kooks LT,AS&m TB,S-trim w/2.75 blower pulley,6.6 crank pulley,vortec aftercooler,fuel system up grades,M6 trans,bailey coil,cc306 but I plan on swapping it. Not sure with what cam so any help on that would be appreciated.Possible n02 if im not happy w/ RWHP I planned on YSI but seems to expensive after I've spent 25,000 so far. never thought it would be so F...ing expensive. Any guess at RWHP would help me decide what i need to be feared on street.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:31 PM

im gonna say 560 on a mustang dyno and 610 on a dynojet
Old 04-15-2007, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by blazzen
Need advice but not sure what to expect out of current set up?? I have a 383 lt1,8:1 CR,afr 210 RR,LT4 intake,kooks LT,AS&m TB,S-trim w/2.75 blower pulley,6.6 crank pulley,vortec aftercooler,fuel system up grades,M6 trans,bailey coil,cc306 but I plan on swapping it. Not sure with what cam so any help on that would be appreciated.Possible n02 if im not happy w/ RWHP I planned on YSI but seems to expensive after I've spent 25,000 so far. never thought it would be so F...ing expensive. Any guess at RWHP would help me decide what i need to be feared on street.
How much boost? We kinda need to know that..
Old 04-15-2007, 12:03 PM

Well im not sure. What ever s-trim maxed out is. I think any where from 12-14psi But not sure what to expect with all the mods. and i don't think i have the right cam in it? any opinions on a cam? i also still don't have brad brand tube.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:27 PM

The S-Trim seems to be the weak link. With the setup I would expect to see 550-600 RWHP (thats with the S-trim maxed). With a T-Trim maxed I would say an additional 150 RWHP or so.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:14 PM

What Call911 said! That S-Trim is gonna kill you. Its gonna have to run well past it's max efficency just to supply that thing and it still won't be enough. To be honest, i'd be suprised if you make 10 to 12psi. The S just won't supply enough cfm for a stroker setup like yours. You need at least a T-trim on that setup, although a Y would be sweet. You'll be able to make more boost and without having to push the blowers max rpm limit too. I'd guess somewhere between 520 to 550rwhp just because of the S-trim and assuming your probably currently running somewhere between 6 and 10psi with that pulley combo.

Ken R.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:12 PM

Well at that point should i just spray a 200 shoot?
I'm thinking a 200 shoot set up right $1,600.
VS
Ysi+aftercooler+*** load of me fabbing + possible snout failure+$4,000
It's mainly for street some drag maybe 4 times a summer

Call911 are you saying i could make 800 RWHP with T trim?
and if so is that the best route? Is my vortec after cooler good enough for T-trim to keep cost under $2,000.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:46 PM

VS

and if so is that the best route? Is my vortec after cooler good enough for T-trim to keep cost under $2,000.
To be honest, nitrous is the cheepest HP adder out there. Hands down even if you fill the bottle all the time and have a top notch N20 setup.

800 RWHP is a pretty far reach even for a T-trim. I would say that the T-Trim will more likely put you in the 700-750 range at best. The aftercooler will work fine as well with either the S or T Trim. Now you could always have the T-Trim maxed out, and then spray it on top of that. But the cheepest way to get you to 800 RWHP will be the setup you were going to run + a LOT of Nitrous.

Before I went the Forced Induction route, I contemplated a top notch direct port Nitrous system from Nitrous Express. It would have cost me around $3,000 all together with the top notch components (remote bottle opener, bottle heater, window switch, ect.). In the end, I decided to go with a blower setup instead, just because I really always wanted one. The difference price wise was HUGE, as I ended up spending a good $6,000+ just in the blower and the supporting mods like dual fuel pumps, intercooler, injectors, tune, ect. (not to mention rebuilding my motor for the boost which ended up costing me $12,000)
Old 04-15-2007, 11:28 PM

Well sounds like T-trim will do the trick.
I think 700 rwhp should be good enough for street. Car's been off road since 2003 so i can't miss another summer. I'll keep eye out for T-trim, unless some one can tell me why i need a YSI instead.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:31 PM

It all depends on what you are looking for. If you truely will be happy with 700 or so RWHP, then the T-Trim maxed out should do it. However, it always seems like (and I am one of them as well) when you have your T-Trim (or in my case D1SC) maxed out, you always wish you would have upgraded to the YSi or the F1.

Actually, I will be tweaking mine this year with some added timing thanks to a methanol injection kit, so I will probably be at the HP level I was looking for originally (650 RWHP or so). My personall plan was to have a HP level that was on the verge of being too much for my car to accept traction wise. At 590 RWHP, it still hooks great, so I ideally am looking for another 70 RWHP or so that the timing/meth kit will give me.

I have seen guys run around with 800+RWHP, and they have the bragging rights when it comes to dyno days, but whenever they get into a race on the street, or try to get a good time at the track, they almost always get smoked by some 400 RWHP car that is hooking up while they are spinning their tires at 75 MPH.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by CALL911
It all depends on what you are looking for. If you truely will be happy with 700 or so RWHP, then the T-Trim maxed out should do it. However, it always seems like (and I am one of them as well) when you have your T-Trim (or in my case D1SC) maxed out, you always wish you would have upgraded to the YSi or the F1.

Actually, I will be tweaking mine this year with some added timing thanks to a methanol injection kit, so I will probably be at the HP level I was looking for originally (650 RWHP or so). My personall plan was to have a HP level that was on the verge of being too much for my car to accept traction wise. At 590 RWHP, it still hooks great, so I ideally am looking for another 70 RWHP or so that the timing/meth kit will give me.

I have seen guys run around with 800+RWHP, and they have the bragging rights when it comes to dyno days, but whenever they get into a race on the street, or try to get a good time at the track, they almost always get smoked by some 400 RWHP car that is hooking up while they are spinning their tires at 75 MPH.
you must be talking about STS cars or supras. A properly set up lt1 with 800rwhp low 9s all day long
Old 04-16-2007, 04:55 PM

VS

snout failure is possible with any blower.
if you want to make 800rwhp, there should be no doubt in your mind about the YSI. IF you want to make 700rwhp you should try T trim but its not guranteed you still make 700rwhp even with it maxed out. I couldnt make 700 with the D1 but the car traped into 9s i just didnt have the right trans/rear to run it.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by LittleRedZ
you must be talking about STS cars or supras. A properly set up lt1 with 800rwhp low 9s all day long
Umm.... Yeah.... I have seen 800+ RWHP Supra's, as well as F-bodies and Mustangs, and even with slicks on them, most of them will rip the tires loose even at speeds almost in the triple digits.

I have pretty much the complete BMR/Hotchkiss/UMI catologs underneath my car for suspension, hence why I still have decent traction at almost 600 RWHP. I know though that I am almost on the edge of loosing traction like the others though.

Heck, I know plenty of guys with 450 RWHP that don't have any drag suspension items done, and they spin almost as bad as some of the higher HP ones.

Bottom line is, anything with the 800+ RWHP level that has a manual transmission, unless the car is setup for an all out drag car, will most likely be spinning all over the place and not be able to get any good times at the track, let alone win a race vs someone with a few hundred less RWHP that hooks up in every gear.

Last edited by CALL911; 04-16-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by CALL911
Umm.... Yeah.... I have seen 800+ RWHP Supra's, as well as F-bodies and Mustangs, and even with slicks on them, most of them will rip the tires loose even at speeds almost in the triple digits.

I have pretty much the complete BMR/Hotchkiss/UMI catologs underneath my car for suspension, hence why I still have decent traction at almost 600 RWHP. I know though that I am almost on the edge of loosing traction like the others though.

Heck, I know plenty of guys with 450 RWHP that don't have any drag suspension items done, and they spin almost as bad as some of the higher HP ones.

Bottom line is, anything with the 800+ RWHP level that has a manual transmission, unless the car is setup for an all out drag car, will most likely be spinning all over the place and not be able to get any good times at the track, let alone win a race vs someone with a few hundred less RWHP that hooks up in every gear.
which 800rwhp have you seen i'm just cerious, cuz in lt1 world you can count them on by hand and ls1 is a different story but i'm still cerious. i Hooked with mid 600rwhp on bone stock suspension, stick,10 bolt. Just have to take it easy on the launch and have a decent tire that will hook. But if you are driving on the street i guess you should just shoot for 450rwhp if you want to hook.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by LittleRedZ
which 800rwhp have you seen i'm just cerious, cuz in lt1 world you can count them on by hand and ls1 is a different story but i'm still cerious. i Hooked with mid 600rwhp on bone stock suspension, stick,10 bolt. Just have to take it easy on the launch and have a decent tire that will hook. But if you are driving on the street i guess you should just shoot for 450rwhp if you want to hook.
how did u not manage to hit over 700 with a maxed out D1? i am guessing Auto tranny with and maybe a 9inch?

I hit 640 with a 7.65/4.20 pully combo which neted me 14psi without the intake pipe. that was on stock ported heads. Now i am running AFR 227 heads and 7.65/3.70 pully and seeing 15psi with the intake. I am hoping to be well into 700s with the new combo. The goal is to hit 800 rwhp, i still can step down to 3.4 pully if needed.

Quick Reply: what to expect RWHP??