Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

My Ported Victor Jr vs. Ported LT1 Manifold results.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by 96SilverRam
That's F'n nice ! more pics, please....
Take notes...
Old 11-17-2009, 03:55 PM

Thanks for the kudos guys. I was suprised by the results myself. I keep trying to explain them away to myself, but i cant. Same everything except the manifold and elbow. I even had a smaller pulley to put on before the dyno, but kept the current one on so i could get a straight out before and after. I wish the belt didn't start slipping because i think i would have seen the same increase from 5500rpm all the way up. I can crank down on the belt a little more, but hate doing that because of all the crank and bearing stress, and since i drive mainly on the street, i'd have to go to a cog setup. My buddy had similar results with a victor jr. on his turbo mustang. I think you really start seeing results once running high boost on FI setups even in the lower rpms.

Ken R.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by 96SilverRam
That's F'n nice ! more pics, please....
Anything specific?

Ken R.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:54 PM

Looks like you also have Edelbrock fuel rails. Did the LT1 rails not fit? Got any plans for the old fuel rails??? I'd be glad to take them of your hands. Very nice work, by the way. What RPM are you turning before you see full boost? Also, how is the idle quality with that custom Comp cam?
Thanks
Old 11-18-2009, 06:53 AM

To see the graph with better clarity, click the link...
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...nifoldDyno.jpg

Originally Posted by roguedriver

Is this a little better? Its full screen when i preview the post but shrinks when i save it.

Ken R.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:21 AM

didnt you say you also added meth injection? how much did you change the tune also though. alot might be associated with a tune change along with the meth as well. its very hard to compare 2 components back to back unless you do it the same day and keep the changes to a minimal.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by jetjoe
What RPM are you turning before you see full boost?
Thanks
His car is SC'd, so full boost is at max rpm (boost climbs linearly, as rpm's increase the blower increases in speed).
Old 11-18-2009, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by RealQuick
His car is SC'd, so full boost is at max rpm (boost climbs linearly, as rpm's increase the blower increases in speed).
Until the belt starts slipping anyway.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by 97WS6SCharged
Old 11-18-2009, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by 97WS6SCharged
Ain't that the truth! As for the meth question, i've had the meth kit on there and didn't change it at all on the manifold swap. The tune was pretty much the same. The only thing i changed was the A/F to get it back to where it was at. It was running lean when i started so we never made a full pull until i put some fuel to it. I actually lowered the timing down low with the Vic cause i was seeing it pull some timing there and didn't know if it was false or not, so it's actually running less timing down low vs the old setup cause i left it low. I just put a speed density tune in this week also, so i'll be messing with that.

Thanks for attaching the link Dave. Guess i missed that one...

Idle quality is real good with that cam cause it's really not aggressive. I could probably make some real good power with an agressive blower cam swap, but at the moment, it drives nice on the street. As for the fuel rails, you'd have to make them work and they probably wouldn't look very good vs the edelbrocks that are a nice fit for the vic and come as a kit for them with the brackets also. I got the whole setup unfinished, so they came with the manifold. Not sure what i'm gonna do with the old rails and manifold yet. I still have my old 2 bolt block which needs a rebuild, so i may keep the old manifold with that cause i have the original 6spd also. Could be a motor and tranny combo ready to drop in something.

RealQuick is correct on the boost. It continues to climb with rpm. We were shutting down between 6000 and 6200.

Ken R.

Last edited by roguedriver; 11-18-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:34 PM

Ugg - Hope I didn't go too big with my cam. More heads, turbo, intake might make up for my issues up top.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:03 PM

Thanks for the info. And just to verify, is this the manifold http://www.summitracing.com/search/P...ake-Manifolds/ ? I wonder how this would work on a turbo motor where the boost comes in sooner? Seems like the Vic Jr. comes on strong with higher airflow which should make it work even better on a turbo in the lower rpm. I also wonder how much of an effect the elbow has, as it looks like it adds a lot of plenum volume? Just thinking out loud.
You could always take a road trip down here to Phoenix to see how it runs.

Last edited by jetjoe; 11-19-2009 at 01:18 AM. Reason: wrong manifold link
Old 11-19-2009, 09:26 AM

Thats the Super Vic EFI. I'm using the Victor EFI, which summit and jegs also carry. I think either would work well, turbo or blower. If your flowing a lot of air, it's gonna like it. Like i said, my buddies turbo mustang picked up a lot. He's running a stroker 302 with a 91mm. It was night and day.
I think my car would run great down there. Think i'd have 9's with ease in that altitude and weather right now. I'm down there multiple times a year (not with the car) cause i have family down there. I'm usually down there working on my uncles altered at southwest custom trucks in apache junction. I drive that one on occation. It will tear up my camaro...

Ken R.

Thanks for the info. And just to verify, is this the manifold http://www.summitracing.com/search/P...ake-Manifolds/ ? I wonder how this would work on a turbo motor where the boost comes in sooner? Seems like the Vic Jr. comes on strong with higher airflow which should make it work even better on a turbo in the lower rpm. I also wonder how much of an effect the elbow has, as it looks like it adds a lot of plenum volume? Just thinking out loud.
You could always take a road trip down here to Phoenix to see how it runs.

Last edited by roguedriver; 11-20-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:33 PM

Well I couldn't find a Victor Jr. EFI anywhere, so I called Edelbrock and they said they don't make a Vic. Jr. EFI. They have a Super Victor EFI for Vortec heads #29135 or the Victor E EFI #29785 for gen 1 head. Do you have the part # of the intake you used? Sorry for all the questions, but your results are too impressive to not use the exact same manifold.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:07 AM

Well I couldn't find a Victor Jr. EFI anywhere, so I called Edelbrock and they said they don't make a Vic. Jr. EFI. They have a Super Victor EFI for Vortec heads #29135 or the Victor E EFI #29785 for gen 1 head. Do you have the part # of the intake you used? Sorry for all the questions, but your results are too impressive to not use the exact same manifold.
I couldn't find the efi version either, just the carb'd version

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-2975/

Quick Reply: My Ported Victor Jr vs. Ported LT1 Manifold results.