Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

I need help with a front mount turbo header question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 07:07 AM

I need help with a front mount turbo header question.

I am definitely getting a front mount turbo system, but i am not sure which one yet. Anyway, if the system i buy doesn't supply the hot parts, should i stick with my edelbrock Tubular exhuast system headers, or buy mid length headers? I have heard to stay away from long tubes, but i never heard anyone mention anything about either mid lengths or what i have now. Plus, i was wondering if i should get the headers i have on now coated? I am not sure if coating would help. I thought it was relevant to post this on the FI forum vs the external forum since this decision weighs solely on a turbo application. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:52 AM

Re: I need help with a front mount turbo header question.

Well I'm certainly still a turbo newbie myself, but I would think if you bought a turbo system that didn't come with the hotside....then you didn't buy a turbo "system" or kit or anything for that matter except a turbo. And from what I understand of basic metallurgy and chemistry, yeah, get the headers coated

Hope that helps a little,
Jeremy
Old 10-02-2006, 09:01 AM

Yea, jerminator is right, it's not a turbo kit unless it comes with hot parts. The hot parts are the heart of a turbo system.

That said, if you wanted to fab up your own hot parts, the Edelbrock headers probably aren't a bad place to start. I started out with a set of SLP shorties. I used the passenger's side as-is, but the driver's side isn't even recognizable as a header anymore.

Mike
Old 10-02-2006, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by RedBanditz28
I am definitely getting a front mount turbo system, but i am not sure which one yet. Anyway, if the system i buy doesn't supply the hot parts, should i stick with my edelbrock Tubular exhuast system headers, or buy mid length headers? I have heard to stay away from long tubes, but i never heard anyone mention anything about either mid lengths or what i have now. Plus, i was wondering if i should get the headers i have on now coated? I am not sure if coating would help. I thought it was relevant to post this on the FI forum vs the external forum since this decision weighs solely on a turbo application. Thanks for the help.
If your getting a turbo soon, dont even by headers.