Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

Hypertech Maf table vs. Stock??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 12:50 PM

Hypertech Maf table vs. Stock??

I had a hypertech blower tune flashed on my ecm a few years back and I have since purchased LT1 edit. We edited the car with a tune used on a similar car but I have been running rich for years and we have not fixed that yet. Well I have been a little stumped on why the car runs so rich and my friend logged it and noticed some high maf readings. He checked out the maf table and it is way more advanced than the stock table. So we tried to load a stock table and the car would not run, we unhooked the maf and it ran just like it had been. So I removed the GMS maf and tried a maf off a 97' and retryed loaded the stock table, nothing again. I am trying to get through emissions and and I also tired of my bumber turning brown/black. The vacuum is good and the maf is on the pressure side, I get no codes unless I unhook the maf and the BOV works fine. The motor is good, we rebuilt it 10k miles ago and its hardly seen any boost yet. I plan on trying another maf in the next day or two off a 94-95. Do you guys have any other ideas on why it wont run. I did get it to idle barely once with the stock table when I set the injectors to a really low constant, like 24, compared to the 30's that are in there. The car will also run fine NA with the hypertech table and without the blower but it is still rich??

On the last log the blms where 119 and 130 and the O2's looked normal, my hydrocarbons where 926 when the engine at 210* and near stock timing at idle. Any help would be grastly appreciated.