Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

currently running Supercharger and Nitrous... meth too

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 09:18 AM

currently running Supercharger and Nitrous... meth too

Ok i'm sure this has been discussed.. but mine might be a little unique..
I also have a water/meth injection kit installed.

So i have the procharger psc1 intercooled with zex wet rpm nitrous running 75 shot. Now according to Zex because i have the supercharger, i needed the 100hp nozzle fittings.. and I also have water/meth that i have an on and off button for it too. I have the procharger fuel management system with the their boost pump. my fuel pump is stock.. my fuel injectors is stock. and i have bosch spark plugs.. i'm checking with my mechanic tomorrow to see if a colder one is needed.. or if those that he put in last year were good enough. the nitrous kit is being installed now.
I have a 12bolt moser rear end.. 52mm throttle body.. LT headers..other mods too, but no engine mods.. i run slicks in the back at the track.

So anything you guys suggest? I did have the car tuned last year after the supercharger install. I will eventually go back this year to have it tuned with the nitrous. I do normally run 100 octane fuel at the track.. which is tuned for that.

So what rpm range do you think i should set the nitrous for?
And of course if you have an idea what rpm i should leave the line at.. that would be helpful too.
Should i run the meth injection as well? I heard it will help with this combo.
Any other considerations?

Last edited by 97superchgedz28; 04-01-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:12 PM

Re: currently running Supercharger and Nitrous... meth too

Are you running stock bottom end? How many lb's are you running of boost? I have a basic setup and have a 6 psi unit and it was recommend to have an inline fuel pump booster to keep up with the demand. It also said I should have an ignition system like the MSD 6AL. In fact they both came with the unit when purchased. I was coming close to maxing out the stock injectors and my mods are not much compared to most. I use NGK TR6 #4177 and that was what was recommended for my setup. I have heard to many stories on here over the year of similar (assuming you have stock internals) setups and what happened to them. I would be very careful how hard you push it, without upgrading the car to take that abuse.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:23 PM

stock injectors? stock fuel pump?. a wet shot running off the fuel system on top of a stock bottom end with a blower?! very first thing i would do is get a 255lph intank, get some proper sized injectors and get it tuned properly for the boost first. IMO.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by 97superchgedz28
Any other considerations?
Start saving for an engine rebuild.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by 97WS6SCharged
Start saving for an engine rebuild.
+1

Start upgrading your fuel system that should've been the first things to do when going boost and spraying it on top of the boost
Old 04-02-2012, 08:55 AM

Here is some reading to help explain where you are heading.
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/for...stions-852627/
Old 04-02-2012, 05:19 PM

What type of heads? That maybe why you are getting away with not doing much on the fuel delivery. And how much boost?
Old 04-03-2012, 07:29 AM

8lbs boost with the intercooled psc1 procharger.. it also has the procharger inline fuel booster. Stock heads and cam... I had it tuned after the procharger install and the fuel delivery was fine. so now with the nitrous.. tryin to keep at a budget.. would it help with just doing bigger injectors now.. then down the road i can save up for fuelpump and install? With the procharger inline fuel booster maybe the bigger injectors without the bigger fuel pump will still help?
Old 04-03-2012, 08:03 AM

8lb and 75 shot will equal disaster in the future. Here is a guy who was only running 6.5lb and his story

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1...icking-855236/

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/par...it-lt1-855975/

I am trying to warn you that there is risk with my setup and you are going to the extreme that the stock motor can handle. The heads being stock is probably keeping you limited and helping like stated. Just don't expect it to hold together for long. Just the 8lb of boost is to much in my opinion. I want to go there, but can't afford a rebuild right now.

To answer your question, you will want bigger injectors and the pump should be adequate for now. I would run a fuel pressure gauge on the car for a while to make sure your pressure is ok.

Just make sure you listen to the advice given on here and don't be the guy like above.

Last edited by mrmint69; 04-03-2012 at 08:06 AM. Reason: error
Old 04-03-2012, 03:32 PM

The stock unported heads are keeping that 8psi from getting to the cylinders. That will easily destroy the bearings in a stock lt1. The methanol would help if it were working but doesn't sound like its installed. Pure methanol is best. A water mix will raise compression even more since water doesn't evaporate fast enough and doesn't compress. Adds no cooling effect over methanol.
Or are you running nothing but 110+ gas exclusively?
Old 04-03-2012, 07:35 PM

100octane gas.. yes methanol injection. Just picked up the car today from my mechanic who has done most of the work on my car. I dont have experience with nitrous install.. but it looks like the zex system feeds fuel and nitrous into the nozzle. idk.. but my mechanic's opinion today was that my fuel should be ok with the inline fuel booster and the nitrous/fuel injection with stock injectors and pump.. i might just go bigger injectors and install myself.. i dont have the budge for a fuel pump and install.. and i dont want to drop tank myself without a lift. right now the rpm range for the nitrous is 3000 to 5500 which shuts off at that point.. my max is 5800 according to tune.
I'm going to set it for 2nd gear for now and see how itll run on the track like that. But i do appreciate you guys opinion. I will see if i can get a good set of injectors for a good price online and do that sooner than later at least.. I'm tryin to remember on the boost now but its whatever is on the psc1 procharger.. so it might be 6lbs of boost instead of 8.. 6 or 8.. not completely positive.. but definitly not more than 8. stock crank pulley too.