Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

Boost vortex or procharger

Old 09-06-2017, 11:34 PM

Boost vortex or procharger

So I have a 95 ta a4 118k salvage title vert I picked up for 500 bucks.
Car runs really good and I am looking to boost the car with a vortex or procharger. I know I know I'm gonna blow it up. But let's face it it's my extra car and for 500 bucks if I scatter the guts out of it I'll pick up another lt1 engine or scrap the hole car.

My question is what do you all like for sc?
I'm leaning toward the vortex v1 s strim. Less piping (no intercooler)and maybe minimal easier to install and pull off if/when I blow the chit up. From eBay I can pick up the sc v1 (d-213-16. D-213-10) with brackets, and piping for around 2,200 ish. Minus the external booster fuel pump fmu and whatever els I'm missing

Procharger p1sc looks to go a little higher in price. And still need miscellaneous items.
Procharger is a must for intercoolers?

I'm in California so going carb eo numbers these are the two choices I'm limited to

Thank for the help I'm new to sc but trying to read up and make knolagable and bad choices...

Last edited by Slow1 trans am; 09-08-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:10 PM

Re: Boost vortex or procharger

There is no difference in the Vortech or Procharger as far as needing an intercooler. They are both centrifugal superchargers that provide boost. The amount of boost, fuel type and engine compression ratio is more important in determining if you need an intercooler.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:51 PM

Re: Boost vortex or procharger

I will only be looking at 6-8 lbs on stock motor. Looks like I can get by with out intercoolers on that low boost.

Search this Thread