Exhaust System From headers to exhaust tips

Flowmasters, are they worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 04:54 PM

[QUOTE=SnakeSkinner28;4564344]
Originally Posted by DarkHorse
Suspension is very underrated - buy some QA1's and get good tires.

F U C K YOU, yea talk tough on the internet queer. Yea all that suspension is underrated. Torque arms dont help, good springs and shocks dont help, subframe connectors are a waste of money etc.
I mean coming from you, an obvious master tech makes all the differance in the world, im going to strip my car of my suspension work right now since i now know what i did is "underrated". Like i said, you ran your flowmaster on a supercharged car and if air is going through something with enough force it will make it out. Did you ever do a dyno test with each differant muffler? How do we know that just because you achieved the same time with each muffler that you arnt just a lousy driver that cant get the most out of his car. Show me the time slips with all 3 mufflers and label them. Like i said, you have no idea how my car ran with the flowmaster and you have no idea what it ran like with the borla, so your opinion means d!ck. I have the fact that it is my car, and i know the borla made it significantly faster, you cant argue with me on that. I think the problem is weve stumbled across a few guys that are sponsored by flowmaster and dont want to think theyve got a crap product on their cars. For your info, i am so concerned about dropping weight, i have gotten rid of ABS, interior padding, and my spare and jack. But some people might not want to do that since they drive their cars more on the street and might not like the added noise or want to sacrifice losing abs. Hopefully the next pass you make your chute on the back of your incredibly fast flowmaster powered car fails to deploy and you go head on into a cornfield and are impaled by a scarecrow.
Hey Vdubois, who do you think wrote that eloquent description about the ability and qualifications of Flowmaster? I would guess the Flowmaster marketing staff. I dont think they are going to write we build half assed mufflers that dont flow worth a damn and we operate out of some 1 car garage to intice people to buy their product. What an idiot.

Jesus - do you even know the difference between UNDERrated and OVERrated?

'nuff said

You guys take your advise from a few newbie bolt on guys, no problem.

Your a ****ing moron dude - plain and simple.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:02 PM

You know what? Since you ARE a ****ing moron i'm going to explain this as easy as I possibly can.

UNDER rated - meaning, not enough credit is given to these parts - often OVERLOOKED when putting a car together. In other words, not many people address the suspension part of the car.

OVER rated - meaning, it doesn't live up to it's claims.

Does that register?

While i'm in such a good mood to teach/help/assist here's some more:

Your sig needs work because you seem to be a bit low on intelligence and grammar.

Hardend axels should be hardened axles
Hardend pushrods should be hardened

K?

Some more - why do you need a "1LE elbow" "hardend pushrods" "gutted" in your signature? Just to make it look cool - like you have a laundry list of really cool mods? Why not list your TB Bypass while your at it?

Where are your headers? No headers? Why tune a car that barely has bolt-ons?

Ahh nevermind.

You win.

PS: I never finished my ASE certs.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:15 PM

get the flowmaster 1 chamber delta-series race muffler
they sound awesome, flow good, and are thin enough for clearance
Old 04-25-2007, 06:46 PM

i like apple juice.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:05 PM

HAHAHAHAHA thank you DarkHorse, you are my hero LOL

yea talk tough on the internet queer. Yea all that suspension is underrated. Torque arms dont help, good springs and shocks dont help, subframe connectors are a waste of money etc.
^^Do you understand what you were saying??? DarkHorse said that suspension is UNDER RATED and you try to argue with a comment like that??? I'm confused to be honest

I wish that I could change a set of mufflers and have it feel like I went from stock gears to 3.73s or a bigger cam

Mabye your exhaust was kinked off and all they did was unkink it and charge you for some XR1s HAHA

Seriously you think that you will gain that much of a seat of the pants feel just from changing mufflers??? There is no way, you obviously had something wrong with your car and the shop fixed that and forgot to tell you or something.

This arguement can go on for ever but I still see no facts that a flowmaster is less flowing than Brand X. Post your dyno sheet with flowmasters and then with whatever you switched it to, besides straight pipes since thats a given that it will out flow anything

BTW I'm NOT sponsored by flowmaster or anyone else for that matter, but I'm just the regular guy that works on my car and buys something that sounds good even though I might loose 1 or 2 hp, but if your that concerned over 1 or 2 hp.....well thats your problem

Last edited by turnin20s; 04-25-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Banned

People on here and other F body sites say the Flowmaster sucks and every swinging dick jumps on board so they can be "with the crowd" because someone else said it

The TRUTH is....the Flowmaster CROSSFLOW muffler kinda sucks as does ALL crossflow mufflers(as comes on our cars with the dual tips on each side of the muffler) vs a standard straight thru muffler.

Some of you guys are too young to remember...but the original "Fastest Street Car" series in NMCA was founded and sponsored by Flowmaster...they were the 1st shootout type muffler of it's kind, back half street cars went in the mid eights with these "shootout" mufflers 15 years ago.

David
Old 04-25-2007, 09:05 PM

Im amazed at the disrespect for people who are just "bolt on guys" in this thread.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by bombebomb
Im amazed at the disrespect for people who are just "bolt on guys" in this thread.
Meant no disrespect - hell, I was a bolt on guy for a pretty long time.

It was merely to point out that most guys posting that this product is terrible haven't even cracked into their engine to make real power. Cat-backs are OVERrated as a first mod, Cantonracer ran an 11.75 on a stock catback with a flowmaster muffler attached. There's so much more that you can do at your stage before a catback is going to hold you back from running good times (assuming that we are discussing racing - afterall the whole flow less talk is about the vehicle being held back by the muffler). For the money you save on a catback at your point you could upgrade your suspension or buy a set of good racing tires. You will see much more gains from these items over a cat-back system.

Look, I don't even own my car anymore and i'm just trying to pass off the knowledge of these cars that I learned over the years of racing and working on the car. I'd rather see you guys not make the mistakes that I made or spend the money wrongly as I did.

Are Flowmasters the best out there? No

I bought my catback used for $75 and went with it. I replaced the loudmouth with a dynomax system but it was much too quiet, so on with the Flowmaster. I personally saw negligible difference on the dyno or at the track with all 3 systems. Maybe all 3 sucked the same? I don't know.

You should buy the catback that you want - based on what you like for sound, quality, price, etc... but unless you have some seriously accurate and sensitive seat of the pants meter you're not going to notice a few cfm here and there. If you can "feel" a tenth or two accurately then you are an amazing person.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:34 PM

I used to run a Flowmaster on my stock exhaust.

Sounded really nice...drove to the track and it 11.7's-11.8's on motor....a long time ago.

Worked fine for me...
Old 04-26-2007, 10:27 AM

HAHA 3 pages later and the guy who actually posted the question in the first place decided he didnt want to be any part of this argument.

Can we agree on this answer?

Flowmasters do sound good and yes they will flow better than your stock mufflers and since you are wanting to do true dauls they will flow that much better.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by DarkHorse
You know what? Since you ARE a ****ing moron i'm going to explain this as easy as I possibly can.

UNDER rated - meaning, not enough credit is given to these parts - often OVERLOOKED when putting a car together. In other words, not many people address the suspension part of the car.
OVER rated - meaning, it doesn't live up to it's claims.
Does that register?
While i'm in such a good mood to teach/help/assist here's some more:
Your sig needs work because you seem to be a bit low on intelligence and grammar.
Hardend axels should be hardened axles
Hardend pushrods should be hardened
Some more - why do you need a "1LE elbow" "hardend pushrods" "gutted" in your signature? Just to make it look cool - like you have a laundry list of really cool mods? Why not list your TB Bypass while your at it?
Where are your headers? No headers? Why tune a car that barely has bolt-ons?

Ahh nevermind.

You win.

PS: I never finished my ASE certs.
Yea i will take center stage with one of the years dumbest responses as I totally misread the question. Beleive it or not I know what under and overrated are, didnt show it in my response but I do. I have no defense for the first 1/4 of my response. I also dont think i compared the muffler swap to that of a bigger cam, so please turnin20s where did i make that statement?

As for the rest of it, i guess since you then had to resort to pointing out a few grammatical errors in my sig that i have not even updated in about 4 years just prooves that I was right and you could not argue with me. Thats what people do when they know they cant respond to the points made, they sidestep the real response and go after something else. I actually corrected the sig at one point, but guess i didnt save it or whatever i dont care. Compared to the way some people write on this board, I am f#ckin shakespeare.
You asked and I will answer: I got the 1LE elbow because my stock one was cracked anyway ( you know they do crack quite often) and since it was the same price and i can get rid of that stupid donkey d!ck airsilencer that does nothing but get in the way, why not? My headers are coated Jet Hot longtubes, I put gutted on there since i gutted the cat. No i have not done a TB bypass, but i bet of all the people that have done that mod, 1/2 of them list it on their sig list simply because they dont have much else to put. But why do you care so much what people put on their sigs. ITS THEIRS NOT YOURS, i can put whatever I want on mine, like your wifes measurements...she could stand a few minutes on the stairmaster, but not bad nontheless. The tune came from PCMforless and it was a basic tune for all the boltons that I had. Cost me $75. I am not going to waste $500 to get a bolton car dyno tuned ********. I dont know who else would think that just because i said it was gutted and tuned i was doing it to try and look cool other then someone as stupid as you. I dont care what the hell anyone thinks about what i wrote in my sig, take it however you want. I was simply just sayin what was done to the car, which is what most people do in that area.

Oh, if you need anymore information you can ask your wife about my hardened pushrod. She told me that compared to me your a little lacking in that department. I guess you cant finish in bed just like you couldnt finish your ASE certs. You know i hear they make pills for that condition, you might want to try them before she leaves you and comes over to me. Thanks and have a great day.

Last edited by SnakeSkinner28; 04-26-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:48 PM

LOL

Nice post.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:58 PM

Yea there were some good lines in it. I totally misread your intitial response, i looked about as stupid as you can get. Bottom line, i think your leaving power on the table with flowmaster mufflers, and i am not the first person to say this. I noticed a big gain when i took off my flowmaster muffler, maybe my gain was greater because i had the single out muffler which is differant then the crossflows. You can get a Flowmaster system and pretty much put any muffler on it that you want and still end up paying less then you would for even an entire system from Magnaflow or SLP which are some of the cheaper ones depending on what you get. Its only opinion, the guy who started this thread can make up his own mind eventually.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:38 PM

Bah - no biggie. I agree, the Flowmaster isn't the best option out there for flow but i'm just not so certain that anyone is going to notice a substantial difference in it over another brand. I could be wrong, I only tried 3 different exhaust systems but perhaps all 3 of those are low flowing exhausts?

At any rate, if you can find the system used for a great price jump on it. Otherwise, spend the coin and go with a stainless system (Non Loudmouth if you plan on further mods) so that it lasts a lot longer.

It's a matter of opinion - like you said.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Romero155
i like apple juice.
What kind of stupid SOB lives in ORANGE COUNTY and likes apple juice? I bet you drive a honda too!

Orange Juice FTW!

Quick Reply: Flowmasters, are they worth it?