East South Central Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee

Mmp 6/01/07

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 12:40 AM

Mmp 6/01/07

I had a great time!
I left Kevin a message on Yahooooooo! to let him know that we were leaving!

I got beat by a new GT mustang, then beat a decently modded GT mustang and then ran by myself.

Not bad, a consisten 14.2 all night long as usual. I wish yall would have made it. There was a decent showing of fbodies there tonight.

<3 Celeste
Old 06-02-2007, 09:57 AM

What kinda 60's did you put down? How was track prep last time I was out there they had just finished with the new new surface so it wasnt as seasoned as I would like, and I think prep was a little lacking. Still cut 1.8s but I know I could do better.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:15 AM

man, if i had only known that people were goig, i might have gone., but because i dont have my slicks ready, and my sfc's on, i prolly wouldnt have. man , ive gotta get my stuff on. I hate havin parts lyin around , and cant put them on. It really bites.Oh well, im glad some one beat someone last night. I sat and played my PS2 all night, and now im at in BDU's, and at drill.when i get my slicks, and sfc's, and ds safety loop on, then im heading back 2 tha track, .Man i hope they are ready for me to teasr it up..lol
Old 06-02-2007, 11:18 AM

Im proud of u Celeste , for puttin the smack down on a GT. Ur doin us F-body junkies a great honor.. lol. Maybe when i get my traction issues fixed i can run u as well as Kev. He'll prolly beat me anyways seeing that he has gears, and his car is faster than mine...ha ha. and it is green too..lol... guess ill haveta paint mine primer blk to beat him..
Old 06-02-2007, 04:15 PM

They had a big race today so the track prep wasn't that bad. It was a lot better than steele's on any given day though.

2.0's and a 2.1 60.. I can't seem to get my 60 to come down at all.

And the gt mustang that I beat was white with a double decker wing on the back of it.
Throttle body, intake, exhaust, headers, tuned, and there was a ton other crap done to it. He was a really nice guy about it. The black gt was about 2 weeks off the lot, lol

I had a great time, I was so hoping that yall had gotten my message in time and had been there.

I hope to go back again soon, I like the track better than steele for many reasons.

<3 Celeste
Old 06-02-2007, 10:07 PM

I didnt see anything about it, any wheres.Hopefully well be out there soon.i am hoping to get my sfc's welded on maybe next fri. and maqybe ill have the slick on by the 15th, i hope, maybe then i may come out to play..Id like to see ur car, as well as maybe get everybody 2gether to get some car pics, that maybe we can post here.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by VisshusFemme
They had a big race today so the track prep wasn't that bad. It was a lot better than steele's on any given day though.

2.0's and a 2.1 60.. I can't seem to get my 60 to come down at all.

And the gt mustang that I beat was white with a double decker wing on the back of it.
Throttle body, intake, exhaust, headers, tuned, and there was a ton other crap done to it. He was a really nice guy about it. The black gt was about 2 weeks off the lot, lol

I had a great time, I was so hoping that yall had gotten my message in time and had been there.

I hope to go back again soon, I like the track better than steele for many reasons.
I am glad you like MMP better then Steele, it seems like the people up noth all think Steele is an awesome track compared to MMP and never even run at MMP. Makes me mad, cause I think we have a pretty nice track.

2.0s on street tires is pretty dagum good Celeste!! I highly recomend you pick up some DRs when ever you can. I really wanna see what you cut then, add a stall to it and I bet you could run super low 13's on that alone. 13.2-13.1s. I would also like to advise a 3200 stall instead of a 3000. Had I been able to do it all again I would have gotten a 3200.

Was that double decker Mustang yellow or black? I think I know the one and have him before. Im almost 95% sure I ran the new stang that was black. Did he have a 29 tag? If so that was definately him. Fun race!

Im taking it easy on my car until I get my goodies put in so late June, to mid July is when i should start running again maybe.

Erik are the end caps of your u-joints supposed to be able slip off with just your hands? The end caps that house the needle bearings?
Old 06-03-2007, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by godspeed1976
Was that double decker Mustang yellow or black? I think I know the one and have him before. Im almost 95% sure I ran the new stang that was black. Did he have a 29 tag? If so that was definately him. Fun race!
Nope, it was white, and the black mustang, well, i didnt quite see his tag. Even though he beat me it was by a little less that .4 of a second.

Im looking into drag radials. I have an extra set of rims that they can go on as well, so I am good there. The stall will probably be coming by the end of the year. As well as some other goodies. I have been waiting to really start modding the car until I got it dyno'd. And that happens June 9th. I am hoping that by next season I have a very nice high 12 car that I can drive everyday. Who knows what will happen.

Thanks for the stall advice Kev, I was actually going to ask you about it really soon when I started looking into one, lol

And YES! I really want to get every one together at MMP. I will hopefully make it back down there about mid July. Ray and I are taking a vacation the weekend of the 4th. I am so excited!!!!

I have some pics of my car running at MMP, I hope to post them soon. Ray got a real good one of my burnout!

<3 Celeste
Old 06-03-2007, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by godspeed1976
I am glad you like MMP better then Steele, it seems like the people up noth all think Steele is an awesome track compared to MMP and never even run at MMP. Makes me mad, cause I think we have a pretty nice track.

2.0s on street tires is pretty dagum good Celeste!! I highly recomend you pick up some DRs when ever you can. I really wanna see what you cut then, add a stall to it and I bet you could run super low 13's on that alone. 13.2-13.1s. I would also like to advise a 3200 stall instead of a 3000. Had I been able to do it all again I would have gotten a 3200.

Im taking it easy on my car until I get my goodies put in so late June, to mid July is when i should start running again maybe.

Erik are the end caps of your u-joints supposed to be able slip off with just your hands? The end caps that house the needle bearings?

yea you can , they should have a lil bit of resistance though , only because of the vacuum on it caused by the grease.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by 1blk93Z
yea you can , they should have a lil bit of resistance though , only because of the vacuum on it caused by the grease.
Ok I was a little worried I cleaned up my new to me driveshaft and was inspecting the joints, when I pulled on the end caps they came right off, but they were greased and I could slide them back on and the grease held them in place.

Do you recommed packing them full of grease before I install the shaft?

Celeste I dont know exactly what your set up is going to be Ray mentioned heads and cam which i am sure you will be running your car to higher then 6K RPM should you go that way so a 3200 might not be what you need. Something more like a 4K would be better in that case.

When I got mine I worked with John Cameron over at Fuddle Racing and he really did select an awesome stal for what my needs were. I highly recomend using them. I know Vigilantes, and Yanks are the converters of choice on the board here, and have had stellar results, but Fuddle is more affordable, and according to Frank from CTP Transmissions he has NEVER had a tranny that had damge from one of John's converters. The only story I have heard about a bad Fuddle converter was one the totalled the tranny and cause all sorts of damaged. Fuddle admitted they had used a new design on that converter and paid in full for ALL repairs to the car no questions asked. Just food for thought.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:05 PM

yea pack um up good, and clean off any excess, as to not pick up any extra dirt to get all over things
Old 06-04-2007, 07:38 PM

Will do. Ill put it in in a few weeks.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:45 PM

hey kev , u thinking bout gettin a 3200 stall?
Old 06-05-2007, 06:46 PM

if you do decide to, i call dibbs, if i dont have on already , of course.lol
Old 06-06-2007, 05:30 AM

Erik you know Im not going to try and make money from you ever. If I have something and you want or need it and I am not using it or going to use it then you know its yours. Friends dont make money on friend they make then go faster for free hence why a group of F-Body guys should always be faster then a lone wolf. Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Mmp 6/01/07