East South Central Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee

GMMOC lost a good friend

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 10:56 PM

GMMOC lost a good friend

http://gmmoc.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=2617
Old 08-17-2004, 11:04 PM

Re: GMMOC lost a good friend

Have been told thread can not be viewed. Here is the opening post. If anyone can help, call the # in the thread:

GMMOC President and Founder

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

I got a call from Joe's mom this morning. She said he passed away last night. When I picked the phone up off the floorboard of the truck, I told her how sorry I was and that now he doesn't have to suffer anymore. She said she's holding up the best she can. I didn't get many details because she was pretty shook up and I was in shock.

GMMOC has lost a member of the family and he will be greatly missed. No matter what, Joe supported this club with all his heart, whether he could attend an event or not. He always had something funny to say and even when he was very sick at times, he never lost his positive outlook.

For those of you that didn't know him very well, Joe was paralized almost 20 years ago in a bad car accident and wasn't expected to live. Well, he made liars out of those doctors for the past two decades. He was one of the coolest people I've ever met and a great friend to us all.

I talked to his brother this afternoon and they haven't finalized arrangements yet. They have family flying in tomorrow. As soon as I know when and where the wake is, I'll post up or call somebody that can post up on the board. I plan on going to the wake, so whoever wants to ride down with me, give me a call (919-291-9117)and we can all ride in the Yukon down there since I'm on the way. I doubt if I'll be able to make the funeral due to work, but I'm going to the wake no matter what.

One more thing, his brother asked me if I knew of anywhere or anybody that could get them a Pontiac t-shirt big enough to fit Joe (3XL). They want to bury him in a Pontiac shirt because that's the way he would want it. If anybody at least knows of a place in Raleigh that will make one last minute, I'll have it done tomorrow and bring it to the wake.

Keep rollin' on Joe.......we love ya buddy.