Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

what would cause the clutch pedal to just drop to the floor with no pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 05:15 AM

what would cause the clutch pedal to just drop to the floor with no pressure?

i know it has something to do with the Slave Cylinder, but i really have no clue what happened last night. I was at a stop light and the light turned green, i push the clutch in to put it in gear and i hear a loud POP. The clutch just fell to the floor with very litle pressure. What would cause this? I just had my Spec Stage 2 put in about 10k ago, and when we put that in we also replaced the whole slave cylinder assembly because the housing that attached to the transmission from the hyldrolic clutch snapped. I looked under there and where the hydrolic clutch attaches to the transmission is solid, it hasnt broke this time. Could you all let me know what would cause this to happen? I cant get my car into gear sorry if this makes no sence but i got back at 2am this morning and got like not sleep.... thanks
Old 09-16-2005, 06:37 AM

Re: what would cause the clutch pedal to just drop to the floor with no pressure?

any fluid leaking out?

a pop to me would indicate a blow hydrolic line
Old 09-16-2005, 09:07 AM

Re: what would cause the clutch pedal to just drop to the floor with no pressure?

Check Fluid, and all lines.

Next I would check like the acuator. Mine when out one time and that was why...
Old 09-16-2005, 09:23 AM

My buddy in his vette (not sure how similar they are) broke his where it connected to the pedal. Check there too...
Old 09-16-2005, 08:50 PM

ok i went back and looked at it, the fluid was pretty low but not empty, the pedal was still conected to the actuator, and when i filled the fluid up to the line and pumped the pedal it would suck the fluid down pretty low again. When i stopped pumping the fluid would rise back up to the line and bubble a few times. I did this a few times with my roomate watching it and it never seemed to suck any more fluid in. I think i heard the actuator (is that what the part that connects to the pedal is called?) suck in air ever time i pumped it. The whole hydolic clutch assembly is new, probally like 8k miles on it. I got it from a chevy dealership when i put in my new clutch in cause the old one broke were it attaches to the transmission, so do you think that i need another one? because i dont see any leaks any were and after filling it back up and pumping there stll werent any leaks.
I heard that McLoed has an adjustable hydrolic clutch assembly, or that i can get a 98+ hydrolic clutch assembly, which is better?

again i'm sorry if i'm coming across as an idiot, but this its really hard for me to explain by typing. Thanks for bering with me and my horrible spelling