Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

Shifting problems. PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 09:01 PM

Shifting problems. PLEASE HELP

So I just did a clutch swap on my lt1 t56. Im pretty sure I put everything back together. New luk clutch disc, pressure plate, throwout bearing, I put the small black ring on the tranny side of pressure plate. Put tranny back in. Then put in rhinopac pre-bled slave and master cylinder system.
Now the shifter is really stiff and when im sitting still only goes into 1st, 2nd( extremely hard to get in this gear) and 4th. When im driving itll shift through all gears. If I have it in first the shofter wont move into the 5th, 6th, and reverse side when I come to stop. If I put it in reverse and stop it wont move back over to the 1st and 2nd side. The gears wont grind, the shifter just wont move into the gears at all. Like hitting a wall.
It lost fluid on removal and installation and I filled it with valvoline dex 3 auto fluid. Got slightly better but not fixed.
Also shifts fine when the car is off. Please help me guys.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Re: Shifting problems. PLEASE HELP

Did you possibly reverse the harness connectors on the trans for the skip shift solenoid and the reverse lockout solenoid.

Just a thought.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:47 PM

The wire on the very top is disconnected. IT is probably that one. I don't know how it came loose but I will address the issue tomorrow and hopefully this will solve my issue.

Thank you for the tip because I probably wouldn't have noticed. been so stressed with this car.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:21 PM
Administrator

Looking at the trans on the driver side:

Skip shift solenoid is the one in the middle (gray and brown wires), near top of trans, an inch or two above/behind the fill plug.

Reverse lockout, toward the rear on the tailshaft housing, near the top (light green and brown wires).

Below the reverse lockout, middle of the tailshaft housing is the VSS (yellow and purple wires).