Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

New High-Efficiency TCI Converters!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 11:48 AM

New High-Efficiency TCI Converters!

We've been talking to TCI about some new converters that will not only be hard hitters but retain excellent efficiency. They responded with two new MaxEffort converters for the LSx-based and LT1 vehicles:

TCI MaxEffort Streetfighter: 3200 RPM stall speed, 2.6:1 STR - $499.99
TCI MaxEffort Super Streetfighter: 3700 RPM stall speed, 2.7:1 STR - $539.99

The impellor fin angle is kept to a maximum positive angle on both converters to ensure high efficiency levels on the track. Between the hard hit of the high STR and the excellent efficiency, these converters will make for a killer setup! They are using the stator from their Competition line of converters to achieve the high STR. TCI says that these converters should be good for an additional .1 in the 1/4-mile over their standard Streetfighter and Super Streetfighter converters. Both converters use an anti-ballooning plate on the top and a ground, heat-treated impellor hub. The clutch used is wider than stock and uses a heavy-duty friction material. All of their torque converters feature an HDT coating, which helps to dissipate heat from the converter body.

For the Trailblazer SS crowd, these converters are offered as a 3400 and 3900 stall speed, respectively. The added power and torque of the LS2 will raise the stall speed some. The high STR will certainly help to get the heavy vehicle moving quicker off of the line! I will be trying the MaxEffort 3400 in my Trailblazer SS, so I will let everyone know how well it works for me. These converters are not recommended for towing as they are built, but you can opt for the billet cover for those of you looking to retain some towing ability. It will use a wider clutch for lockup. The billet cover option will cost an additional $230.

These converters will be ready to ship in 10-14 days. FYI, I am currently running the six-cylinder Trailblazer converter in my TBSS that stalls approximately 2800-2900 RPM. I'm going to get track results from the current converter before swapping to the MaxEffort 3400. The one I'm going to test will also have the optional billet cover.

Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

:cheers:

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance

Last edited by Trevor98ramair; 09-19-2006 at 01:33 PM.