Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

Need help with my '94

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 03:18 AM

Need help with my '94

I have a '94 vert with the A4 and 2.73 gears. Im wanting a little more bite out of her so im looking into Pacesetter mids, 3.23 gears, and the GM Hotcam Kit. This car is factory. It just has an SLP CAI and a Hooker catback. Im also getting a big trans cooler for it aswel. The car is my DD and i take real good care of it. I dont want to do something to the car that is going to damage any of the drivetrain in the name of power. So should i be safe from problems with this setup on the factory drivetrain?
Old 03-09-2008, 04:14 AM

The 3.23,s are a good upgrade but 3.42,s might be better yet(a buddy did this on his 96 vert as well as a Vig 2800 stall).The lt4 cam kit is better than stk but Comp Cams has a 305 or 503 grind that is better,esp.when you consider how much a p.i.t.a it is to do a cam install Btw i would do rockers instead(see sig)and upgrade the weak valve springs w/lt4 ones.Also the stall is a good upgrade on auto cars esp.verts as they are heavier than coupes.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:00 AM

I believe the hot cam kit comes with new springs and rockers. I have done the high stall on my 97.. Didn't turn out so well. I don't think ill ever do it again. I'm not very power greedy because reliability is more important to me. I just want to be able to take my buddy's new GTO in the 1/4. He has been smearing my face in it since he bought it.