Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

Mcleod Clutch Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 10:15 AM

Mcleod Clutch Questions

I know there are a bunch of threads about Mcleod clutches... but after searching, I'm still confused.

Here's my situation. Two years ago I went with a Spec Stage 2, and it was garbage from day 1. So now I'm looking at Mcleod but I'm confused about their packages.

Lets say I'm interested in going with the Street Twin. What comes with that? Do I NEED to replace my master cylinder? Do I NEED buy a new flywheel? I'm just confused about what needs to be done for this package to work...

Alternatively.... maybe a better route for me is to go with the Mcleod single clutch? I'm running only a few mods (listed in sig). In that case... will it be like my Spec install? (i.e. just replace the PP, throw out bearing and friction disk, as well as new pilot bearing and resurface the flywheel.)

After Spec, I definately don't want to cheap out this time... but I need a streetable clutch...

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2007, 05:00 PM

with your mods, go with a single disc set. i have it and love it.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:32 PM

My mcleod single is so streetable. it feels exactly like my spec stage 1, very very streetable. I can slip it out with no gas and very little chatter. No chatter at all if I use the gas while taking off.

EDIT: By the way the street twin kit comes with a billet steel flywheel, and adjustable master cylinder.