Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

I know nothing about auto transmissions...is this any good?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 05:53 PM

I know nothing about auto transmissions...is this any good?

Hey guys, my daily driver car is an 89 full size K5 blazer, the other day the tranny totally bombed...i need a new one and wanna get a great reliable tranny for a decent price...problem is i dont know much about them...

Heres one i found in tampa(on ebay and im only 100 miles away)...let me know how the description.quality of parts sounds:

"THIS 700-R4 4X4 TRANSMISSION IS A HIGH PERFORMANCE REMANUFACTUED TRANSMISSION, BY A CERTIFIED,G.M. BUILDER.THIS UNIT IS SET UP FOR STREET or Off ROAD.,FULLY TRICKED OUT. ALL PARTS ARE INSPECTED,TESTED AND CLEARANCE CHECKED FOR WEAR,WE BEGIN OUR BUILD WITH NEW TEFLON BUSHINGS IN FRONT PUMP AND REAR CASE.THE PUMP IS REBUILT WITH A 13 VANE ROTOR ASSEMBLY,NEW ROTOR GUIDES AND HARDENED RINGS. A 500 T.V. BOOST VALVE IS INSTALLED FOR MAXIMUM PUMP PRESSURE. SUN SHELL WITH NEW SUNSHELL GEAR.ALSO A UPDATED LOCK-UP PISTON,REGULATOR AND SPRING.A MASTER REBUILD KIT IS USED WITH ALL SEAL,GASKETS AND RUBBERS CHANGED.I USE THE High Performance Z-PAC 14 clutch Set .I ALSO INSTALL A NEW KEVLAR LINED PERFORMANCE BAND WITH ALL CLUTCHES AND BAND SOAKED IN B&M TRICK SHIFT FLUID.I ALSO INSTALL A CORVETTE SUPER SERVO FOR POSITIVE, FIRM SHIFTING.A NEWLY LIGHT WEIGHTED AND SPRUNG GOVENOR ASSEMBLEY.I INSTALL MY VERSION OF A STAGE III SHIFT KIT, A LONG WITH A PLUGED ACCUMULATOR. THE VALVE BODY IS WORKED OVER WITH THE PLATE DRILLED TO COMAND POSITIVE,FAST SHIFTS ALONG WITH ***** ON THE CASE SIDE PLACED TO CREATE PERFORMANCE.A NEW FILTER IS INSTALLED, BUT FIRST I RUN A SERIES OF TESTS, ONCE ALL ARE COMPLETE, PASSED, ITS READY TO SHIP.THIS UNIT COMES WITH A 1 YEAR EXCHANGE WARRANTY ONLY IF YOU INSTALL A NEW CONVERTER AND YOU HAVE THE DETENT CABLE SET BY A PROFESSIONAL.THE PICTURE SHOWS A COMPLETED UNIT TOTALLY TESTED, COMPLETELY HEAVY DUTY, HIGH PERFORMANCE BUILT UNIT, READY TO INSTALL."

Thanks
Old 09-20-2004, 06:27 PM

Re: I know nothing about auto transmissions...is this any good?

Bacically all shops use most of those parts..... Is this a legit shop, or "Joe Bob" in his garage???? Whats the cost??? And the wording is alittle over the top to seel the product.... If its close to where you live, go there and look around before buying..JMO

www.tciauto.com
www.bowtieoverdrives.com
www.hughesperformance.com

Do your research......
Old 09-20-2004, 07:10 PM

its and ebnay company called transrus
They have 160 pos feedback and 8 negative witch were all for shipping problems(witch i wont have to deal with)

$400 starting bid, $500 buy it now, although im positive i can win it for $400 given he has many auctions

heres the link:
Here
Old 09-20-2004, 07:57 PM

Found this..... Might check with the BBB to see if any problems....

http://trans-r-us.com/aboutus/index.htm