Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

Hhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeelllllllllpppppppp!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 11:09 PM

Hhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeelllllllllpppppppp!!!

i went to the drag strip tonight and ran a 9.09 in the 8th. not bad....however, when i shift into second(A4 by the way) it hits the rev limiter and shifts right away, but when it goes into 3rd it hits the rev limiter 2-4 times before it will shift!!! what could be causing this???? any input is greatly appreciated!
Old 07-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Supporting Vendor

Well there is the posibility of a eminate 3-4 clutch failure but first I would try lowering the 2-3 shift point at WOT a little bit. Many times tuners and individuals neglect to realize the PCM operates at the speed of light but the trans does not. You need typicaly with a good trans 200 to 400 for the shift to occur from ime comanded now this assuming that you have a 60E since I do not see a model year in there.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:30 PM

You Should Be A Lot Faster When U Get That Fixed
Old 07-07-2007, 08:18 PM

These transmissions are known for this. They just can't react fast enough at higher RPM's, in stock form. The 4L60E also suffers from reduced volumeand pressure at higher RPM's.
There are ways to fix all of these design flaws, but the transmission needs to be removed to make the neccessary modifications.

If you're already seeing an issue with the 2-3 shift, it sounds like your 3-4 clutches are on their way out. There are NUMEROUS flaws in the stock 4L60E that contribute to 3-4 clutch failure.

If you're interested in a rebuild, please check out our web page. www.cahallperformancetransmissions.com

If you'd like an idea of what goes into our transmissions, you can see it here.
http://www.geocities.com/cahallperfo...l60ebuild.html

Thanks,
Frank
CPT