Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

Help me with this clutch???

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 12:01 AM

Help me with this clutch???

my setup is in my sig..

Clutch

1. RAM HD w/ ram billet steel flywheel
2. Spec Stage 3 or 3+ i'm not sure of the diff. they really don't tell on thunderracing
3. Centerforce
4.McLeod (which is really outta my budget)
5. Zoom

Flywheel

1. Billet Steel and should i get the one that matches whichever I buy?
2. Alumn.

My car now puts down around 400RWhp but might want to add more to it by a blower later!

I want one that I can drive on the street and strip and not have to worry about slipping ANYTIME!

I was leaning toward the spec until i talked to a guy tonite that said he's had spec 3 and now ram and said ram was by far the better of the two. And we've all heard about cenerforce.

So my question is a RRM a good clutch?

If so the the RAM hd IS THE WAY TO GO HUH???

for those wom have ram, there is no sliping when in traffic , it's either go of die right? or is that with every clutch i get that's going to hold my power? I havent' heard much about ram here b/c everyone gets spec! Are you guys happy with the spec? am i going to be unhappy with the ram hd???

I only drive this car on the weekends. so i can put up with the grabbing and
The going aspect. But when i want to put slicks on and drop it about 6RPm, I wantt it to after i get my Moser 12 bolt in there????

One more question....why does the ram have fingers so called on the clutch. instead of a totally solid clutch/ is that just a design feture of some sort that i'm sure is there for a reason but don't know why? or what's the benefit?

Shouls i get kevlar or the cermaic clutch disk.....I HAVE NO IDEA what this is other than kevlar is made out of bullut proof vest.

I do know ram is cheaper than alot of the rest and was wondering why if that's i was told was a good cluch...have you guys had any regrets putting one in and i was actuallly told to get the billet steel flywheel for more strength...in case someday wanting to power add to it.

Sorry so long but i know to much info is better than not enough

thanks in advace guys

Last edited by RUFST; 04-30-2007 at 10:43 PM. Reason: grammer school i was told...but really too many ya know! at the time
Old 04-30-2007, 12:18 PM

First of all man, Not to bash on you but I recommend you go back to Grammer School. That was one of the hardest things I ever had to read. WOW. ha ha ha.

With that aside, I personally like my SPEC S1. You say you have 100 WRHP? Is that possible? (Typo Im guessing) Please go back and edit your post and use complete sentences instead of run on ones. Im guessing your asking to compare the RAM vs SPEC vs McLeod (Not McLood). I hear that the McLeod is around the best. Ram it good for everyday use as is SPEC. Unless your pushing 500+hp I would not recommend the Stage 3. It would be deadly hard to drive in stop and go traffic. The reason why they have "fingers" is not for show or "design sales tech." The reason is those clutches are made of a different material that get Expremely hot so that helps it cool down so you wont over heat the Flywheel.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:40 PM

P.S. 6000rpm clutch dumps on slicks? Goodbye 10 bolt.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by ConElite
First of all man, Not to bash on you but I recommend you go back to Grammer School. That was one of the hardest things I ever had to read. WOW. ha ha ha.

With that aside, I personally like my SPEC S1. You say you have 100 WRHP? Is that possible? (Typo Im guessing) Please go back and edit your post and use complete sentences instead of run on ones. Im guessing your asking to compare the RAM vs SPEC vs McLeod (Not McLood). I hear that the McLeod is around the best. Ram it good for everyday use as is SPEC. Unless your pushing 500+hp I would not recommend the Stage 3. It would be deadly hard to drive in stop and go traffic. The reason why they have "fingers" is not for show or "design sales tech." The reason is those clutches are made of a different material that get Expremely hot so that helps it cool down so you wont over heat the Flywheel.

first off man yeah i had, had way too many last night trying to type that but really need an opinion from you guys b/c this clutch is going out pretty soon in it and need to get all this setup going.......the stage 1 would be so much diff. than the 3 or 3+ that we really could'nt even compare them are far as anything goes. I mean the driveability, pressure plate etcc is totally diff. then the high HP clutches. You basically put a stock clutch in witha spec name IMHO....anyways i appreciate telling me about why ram built there clutch with fingers per say....so it helps decipate heat very well huh??? The different material you are talking about....do you know what it is and can you get cermac/carbon-or kevlar in RAM

On and about the 10 bolt that wasn't even a question i was going to launch at that RPM on that rear as a matter of fact i don't think that rear will take a 3 grand launch but the new Moser will

thanks alot

Last edited by RUFST; 04-30-2007 at 11:00 PM. Reason: /