Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

Has Fuddle Racing cleaned up it's act?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 11:49 AM

Has Fuddle Racing cleaned up it's act?

I am about to buy a stall(5000rpm) for my big block camaro('86). I bought a 3600 stall from fuddle racing for the '94 camaro about 1 yr ago and got excellent serive but I've recently read about recent problems with their customer service. I am just wondering if anyone has delt with them recently and if they have improved any? By the way I love my 3600 stall .
Old 01-20-2009, 11:54 AM

Ok, just realized that I posted this on the lt1 forum and 3rd gen forum. Sorry about that. Although the part number for a 4l60e and a 700r4 converter are the same AND that is where the new converter is going on (a 700r4).
Old 01-20-2009, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Big454blockchevy
I am about to buy a stall(5000rpm) for my big block camaro('86). I bought a 3600 stall from fuddle racing for the '94 camaro about 1 yr ago and got excellent serive but I've recently read about recent problems with their customer service. I am just wondering if anyone has delt with them recently and if they have improved any? By the way I love my 3600 stall .
Fuddle caught flak for their slow shipping and lack of customer service when the owner was sick, but was recently put under new management and is supposed to be much better. The convertors still are(and have been) great pieces.

I have never had to deal with their customer service so cannot comment on that, but have personally used two differet fuddles in my own car and loved them both. They are a bit loose for their ratings compared to others, but for a track car they just plain work and ET well. My first one was a 3000 level two that drove and flashed just like a co-workers 3200 vigi, so I would say the stall ratings are a bit modest. Not nearly as loose and sloppy as the cheapo stalls like TCI and B&M, but not as tight on the street as a vigi or yank. A 5k level three would be an absolute beast at the track with some aggressive gearing .

Coincidentally I also have a "level three" 3600 2.2str fuddle waiting to go behind my current stroker build once it is finished...glad to hear you enjoyed it, I hope I do too.

I would def ask around for people who have used more then one brand and type of stall, or even better try to drive someone's car with one. The internet is full of loyalist who will praise their parts while insulting any and all other brands, when in reality their only experience is with that brand.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Banned

not from what I have heard.....
Old 01-20-2009, 04:47 PM

I LOVED my fuddle when I had it. It didn't last long as I botched the install, but it was loose, but it hit HARD.

Felt WAY better than my performa and my brother's vig (which both feel identical to me)
Old 01-20-2009, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by LSWHO
I LOVED my fuddle when I had it. It didn't last long as I botched the install, but it was loose, but it hit HARD.

Felt WAY better than my performa and my brother's vig (which both feel identical to me)
I agree.

The looseness is what turns a lot of people off since they go too high on the stall with stock gears and cam. If you were to try a few different brand "3200s" you would be amazed at how different they feel...from feeling bone stock to loose and sloppy. The rating depends on so many factors that the manufacturer can basically call it anything within a 600rpm range and you couldnt tell them otherwise . Not to mention the same stall will feel different in two different cars depending on hp/tq curves, weight, gearing, etc. Personally I would not go higher then a 3k fuddle for a bolt-on street car since they are def rated a bit modestly, and I would compare in feel to a yank 3200 or vigi 3400.

Who cares if it will roll backwards on a hill in gear if it hits hard as hell when you punch it!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Banned

I rec. Lenny ultimate converter concepts.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:47 PM

No clue who spec'd it but they missed the mark TWICE on my converter. It was supposed to be 4000 and it was 5000. They re-did it and turned it into a 3000. Not cool when you're dealing with a heavy car and powerglide. I had a hard time getting the tires to turn, even in the water.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:10 PM

Check out chris at Circle-D down in texas. I have used about 3 from there. One was a 2800 for a lt1 driver that was very tight and hit real hard, another was about a 4000 and drives just as tight but is a total monster when it hits. The other one was race oriented and did neat stuff like bend wheelie bars or put the car on the bumper. Just call down there and ask for him, he's usually out in the shop and such.

I've used about every brand of converter at one time or another in different stuff, and circle-d is my choice.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:09 PM

hey, question pertaining to 4speed auto stalls, the 3000 stall in my sig is actually being purchased in a couple days to compliments everything we are finishing up on that I have in my sig.... this car is mostly for the street and will be my daily driver this summer....should I go with a lockup converter? what brands should be in my top 3?
Old 01-20-2009, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by bkpliskin
this car is mostly for the street and will be my daily driver this summer....should I go with a lockup converter?
of course you want a lockup converter for the street.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by bkpliskin
hey, question pertaining to 4speed auto stalls, the 3000 stall in my sig is actually being purchased in a couple days to compliments everything we are finishing up on that I have in my sig.... this car is mostly for the street and will be my daily driver this summer....should I go with a lockup converter? what brands should be in my top 3?
Dude, make your own threads.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:16 AM
Administrator

Ok, just realized that I posted this on the lt1 forum and 3rd gen forum. Sorry about that. Although the part number for a 4l60e and a 700r4 converter are the same AND that is where the new converter is going on (a 700r4).
The "Engine" tech forums are only for engine questions. I'll move this to "Drivetrain"......
Old 01-21-2009, 02:35 PM

Well, apparently fuddle racings' customer service is still non existant . I called yesturday and left a message early in the day and still no reponse. This is for a possible purchase . I guess I'll spend the extra coin and go with a quality unit like TCI , haha just kidding. A vigilante comes to mind.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Banned

Well, apparently fuddle racings' customer service is still non existant . I called yesturday and left a message early in the day and still no reponse. This is for a possible purchase . I guess I'll spend the extra coin and go with a quality unit like TCI , haha just kidding. A vigilante comes to mind.
Call lenny, he will talk to you, explain a few things to you...why you dont want a neg fin angle "loose" converter...you want flash

http://ultimateconverter.com/

Quick Reply: Has Fuddle Racing cleaned up it's act?