Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

Clutch slave and master

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 05:18 PM

Clutch slave and master

Can these get weak and make it feel like you have a real bad clutch? or is there no weak about them and they just are good or dont work at all. My clutch is a new centerforce dual friction went through the break in period.. and its like i have no clutch its hard to start in first, its like all the way to the top of the pedal and then it starts grabbin and is hard to make a smooth transition to go. Thanks
Old 09-03-2004, 09:37 PM

Re: Clutch slave and master

sounds like it ain't disengaging all the way.. You can try the Ram or the Mcleod Adj. Master's to solve that by bringing the pedal up higher and allowing more travel between the 2.. DOes it feel spongy at all? is there fluid in the res.? You could test it out by removing the spacer/cover for the slave and putting the slave back on a lil bit closer than the spacer/cover would locate it.. and see if that solve's your problem.. if you go to far you will hit the pp.. back it off a tad and that might fix it.. If it does.. it's time for a adj. Master or you could shave your spacer/cover.. Which i would NOT recommend!....
Old 09-03-2004, 09:44 PM

hmm, i dont know... i tried bleeding it, its full on fluid and everything, i just dont understand the problem.. i guess i could try the closer thing but why would it be off anyway? also how will the adj master help? im not sure on that just tryin to get the jist of this i never had a problem with my t5
Old 09-03-2004, 09:49 PM

well the t5 and 56 are basically the same.. as are the hyd... The Adj. master will allow you to adjust the pedal higher therefore allowing more pedal travel before it hit's the floor and could push the fork the extra distance it would need to disengage the clutch.. I'd say try the closer on the slave prior to dumping 300 bux into a Adj. Master.. At least you'll clear up the guess work