Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

Cahall Performance Transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 10:15 AM

Cahall Performance Transmissions

I wanted to make this post a couple months ago but I've been very busy. If you do a search you'll find plenty of posts concerning Frank Cahall and the quality that work he does...well, here's yet another.

My goal was to build a transmission that would hold up to some abuse. I decided on the ProRace build and also had Frank bump up the shift points. I've talked to Frank repeatedly over the past year or two concerning the transmission. He was always very helpful and willing to explain things in great detail. (kind of like the Lloyd Elliot of transmissions) I removed the transmission and drove it to Frank's shop, about 1-1/2hrs away. Frank, and his lovely assistant, proceeded to tear the entire transmission apart while I waited. Frank took the time to show me EACH part and explained it's purpose...in DETAIL! The parts that he planned to upgrade were compared side by side to the stock parts, along with a complete explanation as to why the new part was superior. I had planned on dropping the transmission off and leaving...I ended up staying for 3hrs.+/-.

It's very rare that someone other than myself touches my car, or it's parts. After leaving the CPT shop, I was confident that I had made the right decision in choosing Frank to do the work. A week later I made the trip back to Frank's shop to pick up the transmission. He told me to call him if I had any questions...and of course I had to call several times.

The car is currently having some other "issues" right now so I can't truly enjoy the benefits of this transmission/converter as much as I'd like, but it was well worth the price!! If you are looking for a very affordable and STRONG transmission rebuild, I'd highly recommend contacting CPT.

LINK TO CPT

Frank - I want $2 for this advertisement!
Old 10-22-2006, 08:52 PM

Re: Cahall Performance Transmissions

I hope yours last longer than mine did
Old 10-22-2006, 09:54 PM

Re: Cahall Performance Transmissions

I'm with Mr. Whitey. Frank at CPT is awesome! It was a real pleasure dealing with him, he always answered my calls and all of my questions with very detailed answers. My transmission has woke my car up from the dead. The shifts are so quick and crisp it almost unbelievable. I recommend Frank for transmission repair whenever i get the chance. Keep up the good work Frank!!