Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

broken starter/ clutch kits?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 07:57 PM

broken starter/ clutch kits?

pulled the trans tonite and to my dismay after removing the slave cylinder i found two chunks of metal almost the size of a half dollar i was very concerned as i was wrestling with the idea that more stuff (thats getting harder to find by the day almost) was in need of purchase. i chose to remove the trans from the bell housing which was very easy. i found no other signs of damage, as it turns out the previous owner installed a mini starter in place of the factory unit and the pieces of metal i found were actually the top of the starter housing that im assuming broke during removal or install and were never removed. i know its not from the current stater because it has no damage on it at all and starts the car very effectively weird huh anyway going with a new clutch kit and all to try and solve the noise issue ive been having glad i found this stuff now instead of later thinking of going with spec stage 1 or 2 stage two is what was in the car it worked good until the noise stuff anyone had any luck with these