Drag Racing Technique Improve your track times

Removing front swaybar?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Razor_Blade
Maybe it's just me, but I'm puzzled as to why that statement would result in such a response from you. I stated nothing for fact, and was basicly asking if I was correct. Oh well, at least there were some people here courteous enough to actually answer a question.
I'm not trying to be discourtyous I'm just stunned that you would think that removing it could ever worsen your 60'.
You're taking my statment way too seriously.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by AL SS590 M6
I'm not trying to be discourtyous I'm just stunned that you would think that removing it could ever worsen your 60'.
You're taking my statment way too seriously.
It's cool. I certainly didn't intend to stun anyone.

My Buddy who was suppose to come to the track with me to carry tools and a jack, backed out at the last minute. Since, I didn't want to lug stuff around, I went ahead and ditched the sway bar before going to the track. Like everyone else said, it drove fine to me. With the sway bar removal and the addition of some drag radials, I was very pleased with the 60' improvements. Too bad I can't say that for the ET.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:11 PM

I remove mine for drag racing, but reinstall for DDing.
There is a significant difference in cornering. The car dips without my swaybar.
Not to a point where I think driving is necessarily unsafe, but you really should be more careful.
But this thing is heavy, so removing it for racing makes sense.

I've yet to break an endlink installing or uninstalling. Just takes a wrench and a deepsocket.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by James Montigny
I remove mine for drag racing, but reinstall for DDing.
There is a significant difference in cornering. The car dips without my swaybar.
Not to a point where I think driving is necessarily unsafe, but you really should be more careful.
But this thing is heavy, so removing it for racing makes sense.

I've yet to break an endlink installing or uninstalling. Just takes a wrench and a deepsocket.
see my endlinks are all f*cked up..... im gonna try tofgur it ou...maybe install some new ones and be able to install and uninstall my swaybar whenever i feel like