Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Wiring in FAST ecu

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 01:22 PM

Question Wiring in FAST ecu

I'm about to purchase a Fast system for my car, and would like to know ahead of time what kind of things I'm going to run into when I hook it all up... I am aware that the Fast system comes with it's own harness, but there are still things the stock ecu will need to run (gauges, etc). So basically what is the best way of installing the Fast system to work in conjunction with the stock ecu?

Also, what happens when you swap a 4 or 5 speed in place of the T56? Unless someone can build a T56 to handle 800 hp, I'll need to upgrade. The vss is in the tranny on these right? I figure that'll be the main problem... anything else?

Thanks
Chuck
Old 09-06-2003, 10:19 PM

ttt
Old 09-07-2003, 07:22 PM

I don't know anything about the FAST setup but what I can tell you is people are running the T56 in the 800hp + range. Both Taner and RomanSS are running in the 9s with theirs. Maybe one of them will reply in the drivetrain forum here or on LS1.com
Old 09-07-2003, 10:39 PM

I bought a jumper harness from Fast Track Performance in CA. - or rather the harness and the ECU came together and the harness was built by Fast Track.

http://www.fasttrackperformance.com/

You splice it inot the stock harness by the stock PCM. You have about 40 splices to do. I had a friend do it for me as he worked for the telephone company. He did a really good job but we also took our time. It took about 5 hours.

I believe you will find this a good solution. I'm not sure how much they cost stand alone but I THINK Jack at Racetronic - a board sponsor- also makes harnesses

Last edited by 97TA-WS6-Con; 09-07-2003 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:14 AM

Originally posted by johnny o
I don't know anything about the FAST setup but what I can tell you is people are running the T56 in the 800hp + range. Both Taner and RomanSS are running in the 9s with theirs. Maybe one of them will reply in the drivetrain forum here or on LS1.com
Really? What have they done to accomplish that?

97TA-WS6-Con- Thanks for the info. That's what I needed to know...

Later
Chuck
Old 09-08-2003, 08:45 PM

Im still running the stock T56 and I know im making over 800rwhp. It has not been proven yet as i have not made it to the dyno. However at 17psi, the car runs right with others running 9.0's @150mph. Im going to try and get it on the dyno soon at 20+psi. I only run my car on the street as its not legal for the track. The only problems I had with the t56 is i bent the 2nd gear shift fork, I believe. I think this only happend because my torque arm snapped.

As for the ecu I got the fast harness and it works great! Easy to install. I recommend sodering all connections. I think the harness is about $200. The only use I have for it is running the speedo.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:19 PM

I bought my FAST with the LT1 harness, supposedly there is no splicing but since i just got it last night i haven't found out yet. it looks like the supplied connections are not going to be long enough to reach most of sensors, we'll see.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:02 PM

All the factory sensor connections are left. Splicing only occures where the factory computer was. Where did you get your harness? If you dont use the factory computer your speedo will not work unless you get a converter box.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:27 PM

Originally posted by sleeperz28
All the factory sensor connections are left. Splicing only occures where the factory computer was. Where did you get your harness? If you dont use the factory computer your speedo will not work unless you get a converter box.
so then why does my harness have connectors on the end for the sensors and not open ends? i bought the harness that plugs into the factory sensors so that i would not have to splice anything. i got the harness from FAST with my kit. when i ordered this i had no clue that i was going to have to go through all this crap to get it on the car i though i would plug it into the nessesary sensors and the injectors and then tune away. but nooooo. nothing in this world is ever that easy.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:06 AM

Ok all you should have to do is plug the factory connectors into the new harness, then the fast plugs into that. should only take 5min to do. But like I said your speedo will not work, and anything else that the factory computer controlled, such as the fans. There is a converter box you can buy, my buddy has one but it never worked right so he has no speedo. I would recommend getting the splice in harness from www.fasttrackperformance.com