Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Who can fix my computer

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 12:18 PM

Who can fix my computer

I was trying to program my car Sunday night and right after CATS erased the memory there was an error. Now the fans stay on and I cannot communicate with the car. Is there any way I can fix this or do I have to send it to somebody? And who do I send it to?
Old 03-31-2004, 11:08 PM

I fix these, but will be out of town till april 26th....so now isnt a good time to send it to me. Ion, aka Madwolf(do a search for him) on these boards can also fix them and he is probably around. Or, I can fix it for you...but it wont be till last week of april/begining of may(which i know is no good for you).
Old 04-01-2004, 10:09 AM

Re: Who can fix my computer

Originally posted by ru2slo_99
I was trying to program my car Sunday night and right after CATS erased the memory there was an error. Now the fans stay on and I cannot communicate with the car. Is there any way I can fix this or do I have to send it to somebody? And who do I send it to?
You could also try to get ahold of Andrew (this board's moderator) but I dont know if he does them anymore. He fixed mine when that happened to me (been a few years) and I had him solder on sockets and got a second set of chips in case it happens again. If you can get ahold of him and he still does them, then that would be my suggestion.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:59 AM

I have emailed Steve Ruse, Andrew, and Madwolf with no replies.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:47 AM

Well, other than me....thats all your options from these boards(as of now). But, Im on my laptop, 6 states away from all my stuff and wont be back till end of april so Im ruled out also.

Im not sure...but maybe you could try the PCM for less guys. I have never even delt with them or looked to see if they fix/replace corrupted chips...but its worth a shot.

FWIW...I emaild Ion a few days ago also, got no response also. So, its not just you that cant get ahold of him. However, his site does says his fixing services are down, so its probably useless to get a hold of him for now(to fix a pcm at least). I think hes finishing up his senior year at college(EE classes)...so Im sure hes putting all his effort into that(since graduation is just around the corner for people still in school).

Last edited by N2OpwrdTA; 04-02-2004 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:53 AM

I understand about school, I am a junior in Civil Engineering. My girlfriend is a Computer Engineering student, but is too scared to try to fix it.

If it is not done by the end of April, I will PM or email you.

Thanks
Richie
Old 04-02-2004, 11:09 AM

Yeah...I know all about that crap. I just finished my Bachelors degree in Information Management Technology(mainly computer programming languages/applications, database design and administration, networking structures, ect) last year. Not as hard as engineering courses(due to major math calculations), IMO...but not easy either. All classes take work at this time of year(finals and such) Anyhow, I hope you can get your PCM fixed by then cause thats a long wait...but if you still need it fixed when I get back, that thatll be no problem. Ill be more than happy to fix it. I wish I could help you out now. But, unless you want to trust my gf doing it(she has never even seen the equipment before, lol)...then I cant help you out till I get back.

FWIW...I do/did have a few preprogrammed PCMs in a ready-to-run form...but I only got 3 done before I had to leave, and all have been/were spoken for already. They were all OBI PCMs though. Which I dont think thats what you have based on your screen name. Which ECM got corrupted? Is it to a 99? Anyhow, Ill shoot you an email when Im in town to see if you got it fixed or not by then. Good luck, later!

Justin

Last edited by N2OpwrdTA; 04-02-2004 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:57 PM

No, my car is a 94 and OBD 1. ru2slo_99 is my yahoo email address.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:11 AM

Ok...Ill give you an email in a few weeks to see whats up. Thanks, later.