Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

What Pin at PCM for wideband to AC input?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 07:34 AM

Thanks for answering that. I wish it was as easy as just buying the sensor and wiring it in

Still, this is a great thing to be able to do and have wideband logged with Datamaster.

Dan
Old 05-18-2007, 03:55 PM

Nice, I'll have to get that wired up here soon since I have the lc1 already and datamaster.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:12 PM

Thanks for the info. Buying just the LC1 is still cheaper than buying the LC1 plus and then trying to do 2 different data logs at the same time. This way, I can do everything in DM and not have to worry.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:16 AM

Ya I dont see how the wideband would even be useful without the ability to log it concurrent with the rest of the information. The LC-1 is the cheapest option I have found.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:27 AM
Administrator

And you will have to convert the value the DM logs to lambda or an A/F ratio. DM isn't going to do that for you.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
And you will have to convert the value the DM logs to lambda or an A/F ratio. DM isn't going to do that for you.
True.

It is very nice however to have everything time synchronized in the same log to export to Microsoft Excel or playback in Datamaster. Otherwise all the transient throttle changes, and how they related to a/f, will be very difficult to relate to any other parameters that were changing (MAP, RPM, throttle position, BLM Cell). With just a standard a/f readout it is nearly impossible.

It's a simple formula change in Excel.

Dan
Old 05-19-2007, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by stereomandan
True.

It is very nice however to have everything time synchronized in the same log to export to Microsoft Excel or playback in Datamaster. Otherwise all the transient throttle changes, and how they related to a/f, will be very difficult to relate to any other parameters that were changing (MAP, RPM, throttle position, BLM Cell). With just a standard a/f readout it is nearly impossible.

It's a simple formula change in Excel.

Dan
Exactly. Before this thread, I was going to get the LC1 plus and log the wideband seperately from my DM info. While it would be possible to fit the data together in the long run, it would be much easier to just convert the DM info and figure out A/F that way. Rather than spending time synching all the info from the seperate logs.

Not to mention the $100 savings from just buying the LC1. $100 isn't huge, but with gas prices the way they are, it's better than nothing. Again, thanks to everyone who participated in this thread.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:59 PM
VK

Or you can use MSII ecu piggybacked on the stock PCM to drive the injectors and leave everything else the the stock ECU.

MSII can actually tune itself with a wideband wired to it. Just input the A/F ratio desired .. drive .. done.

Just have to use stock ECU for timing...
Old 06-22-2007, 05:04 PM

I like the thought of one data log.

So lets keep this going.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:50 PM

Ok so I finally got the bung welded in and Im having problems in datamaster. the ac pressure box reads -13.1 all the time. am I doin something wrong?
Old 07-02-2007, 11:09 AM

Nobody? has anyone actually used the AC pressure line for wideband input or was it just theory?
Old 08-14-2007, 06:45 AM

bump, this work for anybody?
Old 08-14-2007, 07:52 AM

I dont know what its not working for me. I kinda gave up once the 90 degree days got here and I havent been driving it. once it cools down again ill be taking it out and trying to figure out what I did wrong. The method seems solid, the AC input is 5-volts and the wideband output is 5-volts. the guy on the impala forums seemed to get it to work.....
Old 08-14-2007, 09:27 PM

I scrolled through the thread and didn't see anyone post up this link.

This is what you need to read to get it running right.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...light=INNOVATE

I'm picking up my LC-1 on Thursday... and should have it installed next week. The wire to the PCM is probably the easiest part of it. I went through the steps to configure the Datamaster as well... and it worked... now I just need install the bung and get the kit wired up.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by C Man
This is what you need to read to get it running right.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...light=INNOVATE
C Man, thanks for posting up my thread

The wire you should use for feeding in the wideband signal is the A/C pressure signal, which is the red/blk one on the a/c pressure sensor connector, which goes to pin D12 on the PCM.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: What Pin at PCM for wideband to AC input?