Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Someone Help me with TunerCats and Freescan Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 01:39 PM

Someone Help me with TunerCats and Freescan Problem

Ok I am having some problems with both TunerCats and Freescan.

First with TunerCats no matter what bin file I open, its always the same in the Speed Calibration menu. When I first starting using the program a couple months ago, every bin I would open said it was an automatic Corvette with 3.08 gears and some weird 18 inch tire size. So I opened the bin I was making changes to and changed all that to an fbody with 3.23 gears, 245/50r16 tires and a manual and had it auto calibrate. Now EVERY file I open says the same thing. Even the stock m6 files I got from Brent Franker's site...

With freescan I am having a couple problems as well. First I can connect and monitor things in real time from all the sensors and everything appears to work fine. However switching between tabs is VERY VERY slow. Is this normal?

It also will not save a datalog. Or if it will, I don't know how to do it. I just went out to drive today to get a datalogging file. I connected it, clicked start and verified it was reading correctly. Then clicked "Log ECU COMs to Disc" and saved the file. Then went driving. When I got back and tried to open the file, its just a word pad file and is blank. Did I do something wrong?

Any help?