Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Simply question about turnercat

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 02:16 PM

Simply question about turnercat

I've got it downloaded and got my cable and freescan. I got my motor done and want to adjust for bigger injectors, cam, ported heads, and to take the skipshift off and the egr. What is the first thing I need to do. On the website it says I need some file or I can get one for free off the internet. I'am a rookie that needs a little help. Could someone steer my in the right direction.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:16 PM

Read your existing program. Now save that under something like "stock.bin" and make sure and label it in the TC file so you know what it is for sure (believe me, you do forget). Now start making changes to your CARS to eliminate the skip shift. Injectors can be corrected as well. Both of these are under "tables" I think (someone correct me if I am wrong). and the EGR should be under "switches" (again correct me). TC is not on this computer I am posting from.

As for the meat of what you want to do (correct AFR ratio for mods) you need to see if you are running rich or lean in reference to your BLM's in closed loop (128 is perfect). The way I corrected my rich condition after porting my heads was to modify my MAF tables. This did the trick and can work either way (rich or lean). However, you first need to know what is going on with your BLM's. Find that out and post what you see. Just remember we need to see the non-WOT, closed loop BLM's.

WOT AFR can come later. Lets get the closed loop AFR correct first.

GL

Ben
Old 06-16-2003, 10:46 PM

You need to contact TunerCat and register the software and then get the correct definition file for your car. It is not a free software.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:19 AM

Thanks alot. That is what I was looking for about the AFR. I'am going to go run freescan again and see what they are. I could of sworn they were 128, but I will check tonight and see.