Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 10:33 AM

Is this possible?

O.K. here's the question: Can you remove a program from an ODB2 car and send it to an ODB1 pcm? Or, is it possible to swap pcm's.

I have put in a new motor and it had a custom tune on the pcm, but it was a 96z and I have a '94z. The donor car was an A4 and mine is an m6.

I really don't want to send the pcm off to get programed and nobody locally seem to know if this is possible.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 07-04-2003, 01:30 AM

pcm switches are possible, but most people switch from the II to I beeause of ease of programming. If you do put the II in the 94, im almost 100% positive the ses light will be on because im pretty sure II cars have 2 o2 sensors, one before the cats and one after. I could be wrong there thou. But many of the options are different. Also you might run into problems being the donor is an A4 and now u have an M6
What I would do is, get yourself a laptop, tunercat, and tune the OBDI yourself. If you need someone to make up the program file for you, contact madwolf, he is currently doing my programming and has done many others.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:15 AM

actually OBD2 cars have 2 CATS and have 1 sensor before and 1 after on both CATS making a total of 4 O2 sensors. But they can be disabled with LT1_edit
Old 07-04-2003, 09:19 AM

What about the Crankshaft Position Sensor? OBDII Has that as well can that be disabled?
Old 07-04-2003, 02:42 PM

Originally posted by JOE96Z28SS
What about the Crankshaft Position Sensor? OBDII Has that as well can that be disabled?
There is a way to do it. Injuneer has doen it and he just did a thread on this not to long ago, try doing a search for it. it is kind of complicated. Its not as easy as just diabling the crankshaft sensor because the PCM requires high hi res signal from the crank and a low res signal from the camshaft to determine the correct timing for the fuel injectors. Tamper with either signal and your fuel system is out of sync. But again there is a way to do it, INJUNEER has the answer.
Old 07-04-2003, 10:43 PM

I'd imagine it would be easier to just put the sensor on! using the FTC and HED off of a 96