Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Please post your track logs

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 12:00 PM

Please post your track logs

Since there seems to be a severe aide drought in the area of PCM diagnostics/tuning, I think we could all benefit from other's log files to compare with our own. Sure theres plenty of text to read on the WWW, but it all boils down to theory and often fails to show true numbers.

So if people could post logs and maybe give a little history of them maybe we could all help teach ourselves things to look for, and what may or may not look normal.

My 3 most recent 1/4mi runs are:
http://www.live4speed.com/11-1_1.csv
http://www.live4speed.com/11-1_2.csv
http://www.live4speed.com/11-1_3.csv

The left BLM seems okay, the right is high around 132-140. I have a really bad idle even after upping it to 825rpm. I'm also seeing knock between shifts (apparently exhaust related).
Old 11-04-2002, 02:39 PM

Dude, your not just seeing knock between shifts...

Just about as soon as you step on the gas, you start getting knock!!

Even at partial throttle! I just glanced at one of your logs, and I see as you step into the gas, as soon as you hite 26 % throttle you jump to 6.4 degrees of knock, and it continues up until 7.2 @ 100% WOT...

Then you shift, at indicated by a drop from 100% to 75% (why are you power shifting? Just let off the gas man!!! heheh) and then back up to 100% All the while, your getting knock.

Also, the reason for getting knock after shifts, is not due to exhaust issues... Its (don't quote me, i read it a long time ago, thanks again Fred!!) due to the sudden drop in MAP? pressure as you let off the gas and get back on it. I'm not sure as to how this works exactly...

But man, the ONLY time you don't get Knock is when your not on the gas... for that ENTIRE run I'd be concerned if I was you!

But you are right, we need a great way to go through real runs and start pulling out information, and offering it to people for review and comparision...

Jeff
Old 11-04-2002, 03:02 PM

You probably looked at the first log...yeah it looked pretty bad...wonder whats causing it..? The third isnt as bad, KR showing up on shifts and trailing off. If this keeps up I'll never get to spray it Think I should throw the LT4 KM in and see if it continues? I dont know what else to adjust without pulling the intake manifold.
Old 11-04-2002, 03:36 PM

I assume you tried high octane gas right? That's what I keep getting asked when I ask why I get knock ONLY on the spray. It will pull as much as I let it when on the juice but the car runs with NO knock off the juice. No one seems to know what's going on with mine. Good idea sharing the logs!
Skip