Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

PCM no read

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 05:06 PM

PCM no read

Doing an ODB 1 swap. Finally got it to connect and read the PCM. Done some adjustments and went to load the new tune into the PCM. It setablished a connection and the gave awrong infoprmation sent error. Then I t retried and failed. Clicked oK and the window closed. Tried to start the car and it wont start, The fans wont go off. The stay running as soon as you turn the key over. Also we tried to connect with Datamaster and itwouldnt connect either, Any suggestions?
Old 03-07-2006, 05:22 PM

Re: PCM no read

So did the window close while you were loading the tune up? Did the system shut down during the load? B/c if it did there is a possiblity that it messed up the PCM and your going to need to send it out and get it reprogramed with the stock program. I know when I did my tune I was worried about the laptop giving me a pop-up during the load and possibly affecting the new tune. Hopefully thats not what happened.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:46 PM
VK

i messed up my pcm while i was programming it once, car wouldn't even idle and would die, fuel pump would kick in and out randomly when you turned the key to the "on" position. I just got a whole new ECU from madz28.com for 100$ and it worked right outa the box. I've been EXTRA careful about programming it since.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:58 PM

The window is just the normal thing it does due to canceling the PCM read or Program. I think I fuged it up. I unhooked the battery for 30 minutes and went back out and tied it and It said the same thing. I guess Ill just find another PCM and try again. I may go ahead and order a new cable as well. This sux. I jsut got the PCM in Friday and didnt even get 1 tune in it before fregging up.Part of it I guess
Old 03-07-2006, 07:07 PM
VK

I did the same thing pretty much, i just got the cable and software, and on the 3 tune the connection got lost to the PCM and the car wouldn't run anymore. Had to trailor it home and wait 2 weeks till i figured out what i was going to do. Sucks, but what do ya do?
Old 03-07-2006, 11:13 PM

Sorry to hear though man, contact Madz28 and see what he can do for you. Also you could contact Bryan Herter at PCMforless and see if he can re-flash it for you also. Either or they both are about the same price I believe.

To be safe I made sure all programs were closed on my laptop, all pop-ups were off, and all other windows were closed. I also made sure the laptop was running for at least 15 minutes so it could completely boot up. Also make sure that the cable is completely put together. Make sure the little screws are connected and tight so nothing happens. And finally make sure the serial or usb port on the laptop is secured. Then go ahead and run the new tune.

Good luck with the next one....

Jp