LT1/LT4 ESC module needed - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board


Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 12
LT1/LT4 ESC module needed

Anyone know where I can find one ?

They are discontinued. :-(
Leeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:46 PM   #2
Super Moderator
 
Injuneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: Hell was full so they sent me to NJ
Posts: 45,685
Re: LT1/LT4 ESC module needed

Check the "Marketplace" Parts For Sale, post in Parts Wanted. Reference it as "knock module", more common terminology. About the only place you will find the module.

Marketplace - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

Which exactly are you looking for? The LT1 knock module is not the same as the LT4 knock module. They interchange, but the LT4 is designed to filter the noise signature of the full roller rockers used in that engine.
Injuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:52 PM   #3
Registered User
 
Fatdog2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,176
Re: LT1/LT4 ESC module needed

Also Rock Auto has the LT1 knock module.about 7 or so.
Fatdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:07 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Fatdog2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,176
Re: LT1/LT4 ESC module needed

I see Summit racing using number ADO-21664.But check application first=LT4.Hope this helps.(stock ac delco 1621481) triple check these numbers for lt4 nm.My02.
Fatdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:25 AM   #5
Super Moderator
 
Injuneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: Hell was full so they sent me to NJ
Posts: 45,685
Re: LT1/LT4 ESC module needed

Good find, but Summit lists it as NAL-16214681. I suspect the source is Nalley GM parts. Shows as "not available", estimated ship date 4/3/17. Appears to be a new replacement part.

Somebody realized the opportunity to make a buck. Original LT4 knock modules were going for $200+ after they were discontinued. I bought one in 1997 from a discount GM parts dealer for less than $30. Be interesting to see what Summit wants for them.

As recently as the end of 2016 they became almost impossible to find. I couldn't find a cross-reference on Summit for the ADO part #. The do show AC Delco ACF-16214681, but that also shows as "not available".

From Shoebox:

Injuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:28 AM   #6
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 12
Re: LT1/LT4 ESC module needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatdog2 View Post
Also Rock Auto has the LT1 knock module.about 7 or so.
Link please ? I can't find it on their website ! :-)
Leeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:33 AM   #7
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 12
Re: LT1/LT4 ESC module needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
Check the "Marketplace" Parts For Sale, post in Parts Wanted. Reference it as "knock module", more common terminology. About the only place you will find the module.

Marketplace - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

Which exactly are you looking for? The LT1 knock module is not the same as the LT4 knock module. They interchange, but the LT4 is designed to filter the noise signature of the full roller rockers used in that engine.
My car has heads/headers/rockers/etc. I have been running with the LT module for about 20 years now. But I'll go with either at this point. Could just bypass the knock sensor anyway (but you still need a working module).
Leeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:05 AM   #8
Registered User
 
95LT4Z28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: queens ny
Posts: 79
Re: LT1/LT4 ESC module needed

i have an LT1 module #16177700 if you still ned one. pm me with an offer
95LT4Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:33 AM   #9
Registered User
 
Fatdog2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,176
Re: LT1/LT4 ESC module needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeman View Post
Link please ? I can't find it on their website ! :-)
Go to rock auto
click chevrolet
click camaro
click 5.7
type in detonation sensor into (find catagory? box.)
click on that
should produce some products.
Hope this helps.My02.
Fatdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:14 AM   #10
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 12
Re: LT1/LT4 ESC module needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatdog2 View Post
Go to rock auto
click chevrolet
click camaro
click 5.7
type in detonation sensor into (find catagory? box.)
click on that
should produce some products.
Hope this helps.My02.
Unfortunately, all it lists for a 1995 Camaro 5.7 are knock sensors, not the ESC module.
Leeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:15 AM   #11
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 12
Re: LT1/LT4 ESC module needed

I found one for sale on EBAY and ponied up the big bucks. :-(
Leeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:26 AM   #12
Registered User
 
Fatdog2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,176
Re: LT1/LT4 ESC module needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
Good find, but Summit lists it as NAL-16214681. I suspect the source is Nalley GM parts. Shows as "not available", estimated ship date 4/3/17. Appears to be a new replacement part.

Somebody realized the opportunity to make a buck. Original LT4 knock modules were going for $200+ after they were discontinued. I bought one in 1997 from a discount GM parts dealer for less than $30. Be interesting to see what Summit wants for them.

As recently as the end of 2016 they became almost impossible to find. I couldn't find a cross-reference on Summit for the ADO part #. The do show AC Delco ACF-16214681, but that also shows as "not available".

From Shoebox:

I see a cross reference # 216-67 ,is this the same km?OEMCATS.com lists about 10 dealers that carry or used to carry them.Hope this helps.
Fatdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:31 PM   #13
Registered User
 
gaedbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 193
Re: LT1/LT4 ESC module needed

The LT4 Knock Module I believe is from a 1996 Corvette, and interchanges with the LT1 Knock Module like Injuneer describes in Post #2.

GM #16214681 or AC Delco #216-67

Last edited by gaedbo; 03-20-2017 at 09:36 PM.
gaedbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:33 PM   #14
Super Moderator
 
Injuneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: Hell was full so they sent me to NJ
Posts: 45,685
Re: LT1/LT4 ESC module needed

AC Delco 216-64 is for numerous GM truck applications with the 4.3L V6 engine.

AC Delco 216-67 is the LT4 KM. Amazon lists it. Shows as made in China, "currently unavailable, we don't know when this will be back in stock". The oemcats site lists 33 shops that sell it. I checked a few at random, and all came up "Discontinued".

No longer important, since he didn't care whether it was the LT1 or the LT4. He just wanted one or the other to fill the empty slot in the PCM. Appears someone offered him a used LT1 module.

Yes, the LT4 was only used in the 1996 Corvette, except for 106 Camaro SS's and ~30 Firehawks that SLP built for the 1997 model year.
Fatdog2 likes this.

Last edited by Injuneer; 03-20-2017 at 11:36 PM.
Injuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:40 PM   #15
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 12
Re: LT1/LT4 ESC module needed

Actually, the claim is its a new module. :-)
Of course there will never be a way to tell.

Looks he has several for sale.

I appreciate the help though. :-)
Leeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Copyright © 1996-2017 CamaroZ28.com. All rights reserved.