Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Bin and Lt1 files. I am sick of waiting. bring it on

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 01:10 PM

Post Bin and Lt1 files. I am sick of waiting. bring it on

I have seen alot of people talking about setting up a page to allow the download of bin and lt1 files for our cars. But I have yet to see anything happen. I have the web space, and I have already started a page to post them on. SEND ME YOUR FILES!!! I want all of them. AND I want a GOOD description. I want to know gears, all mods...the whole 9 yards. I am sick of poor description files, that arent correct. Dont send me your crap file if you dont know what is in it. Only the real ones, that you have tested!!!!!! Also, I want stock files. Alot of guys lose theirs and want new ones. So if you have a stock file send it too. If you live in the Grand Rapids Michigan area, or I see you at a cruise or show, tell me and I will download a copy of yours for you if you cant do it. I want them all!!!! Time to step up, quite whining about them, and send them to me. Lets make this happen. It is WAY OVERDUE!!!!!

------------------
Arrest ME Red 1994 Camaro Z28 Convertible
just a chip and a muffler, well maybe some headers

First run EVER
R/T - .675 (on a pro tree)
60 FT - 1.943
1/4 - 13.969 @ 98.77

The Red Rag
Old 09-02-2002, 03:04 PM

Location: Stationed at Camp Lejeune, N.C. (But Going Home SOON!)- From New Jersey
Talking

I am still working on one from my car. It will be a while until I get it to work the way I want it to. But as soon as it is done, I will send you a copy. I don't have any Stock .bins that I trust, alot of people sent me "stock .bins" but no 2 are alike, so I don't trust them. Thanks, and I look foward to your site!!

------------------
KYLE-SERGEANT USMC
97 Trans Am with minor mods.
EMAIL: dayusmc@marimecorps.com
Old 09-02-2002, 03:09 PM

Take a picture of your ecm before it is hacked up. Your actually suspose to keep a copy of your orginal for safe keeping. I would take a copy of that. the page is up, just a little thin till i get some more content....from our user!!!!

heres the link
http://home.attbi.com/~kristenappel/binfiles/

------------------

First run EVER
60 FT - 1.943
1/4 - 13.969 @ 98.77

The Red Rag
Old 09-02-2002, 09:12 PM

You've got mail.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:14 PM

Thank you CountryZ, I have added it
Old 09-02-2002, 09:47 PM

YGM, hope you are getting lots of files.

CanadianZ
Old 09-03-2002, 05:23 AM

I'm getting a few. People need to remember to provide as good a description as possible. Thanks

------------------

First run EVER
60 FT - 1.943
1/4 - 13.969 @ 98.77

The Red Rag
Old 09-03-2002, 10:43 AM

If I ever make my way home, I'll get my bins to you.... STILL stuck in Nebraska.

------------------
1994 Z28 A4, Vortech, Borla with EBorla, TPIS 52 mm TB, Hooker shorties, Electromotive SDI, LS1 brakes, AAM 3.42 rear, more.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:52 AM

of all places to be stuck, how did you end up in Nebraska? Dont worry about rushing the Bins. I know you will send them when you get back. Just trying to keep this at the top so other people get to read it too
Old 09-03-2002, 06:59 PM

Updated the web page, please check it to make sure everything is working if you have a chance.

http://home.attbi.com/~kristenappel/binfiles/
Old 09-03-2002, 08:14 PM

dreamer1q okay check this out man. I'll do all the SQL and PHP work, design a client front end and admin back end, make everything totally scalable and dynamic if you'll help me moderate it (I know close to nothing about PCM tuning (cables aren't even here yet)). Much easier than having to churn out an HTML file every time, and editing is a snap - live via your web browser. No email, no attachments.

I want to do this on an approval system - people can submit their bin/lt1 file with a complete description, and all this information will be entered into the SQL database in real-time, but it wont be available for download until a moderator/admin approves of it.

Let me know if this sounds good and I'll do it tomorrow night. This could be a very helpful resource.

------------------
Dave
White 96 Trans Am M6
Hooker LTs, custom 3" y-pipe, MAF descreen, Ported MAF ends, LT4 KM, 1LE elbow, front Powerslots, shortened Pro 5.0, BMR STB, PHR & SFCs, SLP Loudmouth, Clutch/PP & CAI, !CAGS, NGK TR55s, Taylor wires, Konig Monsoons, MAC overdrive and March underdrive pulleys, ES poly tranny mount, Harlan shift light
*No times on Nittos yet...
Old 09-03-2002, 11:43 PM

I agree with this. You only need so many stock files. Maybe the page can be seperated into a few catergories. Cams, cam and heads, forced induction etc. Something to make things a bit easier to navigate rather than flipping through 120 files to find one that is close to your car.

CanadianZ
Old 09-04-2002, 05:17 AM

I am actually going to work on a divided page. At the current phase of the page, I just want to get them all available, regardless of design. I can move them around later, at my lesiure.
Old 09-04-2002, 07:44 AM

Location: Stationed at Camp Lejeune, N.C. (But Going Home SOON!)- From New Jersey
Cool

I never had a stock .bin - I got my PCM from pcmforless and never had the stock file. I also agree about not have the files submitted until the desription has been checked. There are to many .bins out there already and they all don't have good desriptions. Good Luck!!!!!!!1

------------------
KYLE-SERGEANT USMC
Old 09-04-2002, 07:57 AM

Exclamation

Note - I think all the bins should have a tire size and gears in their descption. This is very important!!!!

------------------
KYLE-SERGEANT USMC

Quick Reply: Bin and Lt1 files. I am sick of waiting. bring it on