Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Bin and Lt1 files. I am sick of waiting. bring it on

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 09:07 AM

I would post the tire size and gear size if it is included. The descriptions are coming out alot better then before, but I can only give what is given to me. As I have a chance, and the page is up and running, I will go thru each file and get as much info as I can that wasnt included in the descrip. If you want, you can open each one up and help me out by telling me more info. Otherwise it will have to wait till the page is a little more along.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:12 AM

It would be really nice if those who sent in there files would allow you to post an email address for them, so that if anyone had any questions they could mail them directly. I realize that this would create a little more overhead (keeping it up to date) but it would be sweet to be able to discuss the tune with the creator/original user.

------------------
Jeff
95 Z28
A couple mods, nothing worth mentioning though

[This message has been edited by GetaZforgetGT (edited September 04, 2002).]
Old 09-04-2002, 11:04 AM

I dont think many people would have a problem with the emails, but keeping the up to date would be a headache. Good idea though. Almost seems like some people actually like the idea of a new page
Old 09-04-2002, 12:03 PM

Location: Stationed at Camp Lejeune, N.C. (But Going Home SOON!)- From New Jersey
Cool

Also I think it is a good idea to include the description in the Notes of the file. I will start to do this. I will take the file and add all the info to the notes section. I will email you when I have a bunch. Then if you can just switch the file to the one with the one that the notes are added to. I will also do all the notes in the same format every time so that it is nice and neat(That's the Marine side of me) All this of coarse if you want me to- it is your project and I will only help if you want me to!! Tell me if you want the help. I also think it is a good idea that you have links to other .bin and .lt1 databases, they should all have likes to each other. Your doing a great job!!!

------------------
KYLE-SERGEANT USMC
97 Trans Am with minor mods.
EMAIL: dayusmc@marimecorps.com
Old 09-04-2002, 12:11 PM

Location: Stationed at Camp Lejeune, N.C. (But Going Home SOON!)- From New Jersey
Also- just noticed every time I download a file it downloads as text. Does it matter? When I download other files from other sites they come as .bin or .lt1

------------------
KYLE-SERGEANT USMC
Old 09-04-2002, 01:03 PM

The reason for all the text files is because I FORGOT the dare extensions. I will have to go back through and fix them all Yes I welcome any and all help to make this a better database. I dont quite understand what you mean with the descriptions though. Could you explain a little more what you mean to do with the description. If your talking file names, that could get long, and diffucult to understand when I am working with the website HTML.
Old 09-04-2002, 01:48 PM

I like the idea of using the note feature to explain you changes. The only problem is that the note feature on TunerCat only allows a limited amount of notes. I don't remember exactly but it something like 250 characters, maybe more.

------------------
Jeff
95 Z28
A couple mods, nothing worth mentioning though
Old 09-04-2002, 02:28 PM

Yes, TunerCat has a section for notes. This way, whenever anyone opens your bin, they can click on notes and the description could be there. You can also check tire size and gear ratio by looking under speedo calibration. It will show the current value in the table and will also show what you changed to last. You can compare the numbers there if all else fails. Or, you could just redo the speedo calibration just to be safe.

As for how I got stuck in Nebraska, well..... My new transmission I got put in last Friday decided to age quickly. Not sure what is wrong but when I put it in reverse, it is like a tranny brake is on. And when I put it in forward gears, it seems to be doing 2 gears at once. REALLY sucks because I have a custom car I was supposed to be finishing and I have now lost 3 days at work.... Needless to say, I'm :sarcasm mode on: VEERRYY happy. :sarcasm mode off:
Old 09-04-2002, 03:58 PM

the conversion page for lt1 edit to tunercat does not work....

Old 09-04-2002, 04:16 PM

i am new to all this...how do i view these files?
Old 09-04-2002, 04:34 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by '95 z-28/ '00 montepace:
the conversion page for lt1 edit to tunercat does not work....

</font>
Do you mean the download dosent work for the conversion file? I will check it out
Old 09-04-2002, 05:38 PM

If someone has the time, I revamped the Stock bin and lt1 files section. I believe they will all work and not download as a text file anymore. If someone has the time and space to download them all and verify this, I would appreicate it. I gotta go play ball with the kids, and wont have time till tomorrow. I think I got it, but better safe then sorry.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:20 PM

Talking

I think they already explained it after my post. The notes section of tunercat. All you would have to put in was the decrption in the database and I would take that discription and enter it into the notes. The reason for having the descrption in the notes, is so that you don't have a long file name. You should rename the .bin files with a ID# example:"(ID#23.bin)" and than in clude that ID# in your description example: "1995- A4-Transgo shiftkit- 323- 275 40 17- Hooker longtubes- Borla catback- underdrive pullies- CAI- 58mm TB= ID#23.bin" That way we don't have to deal with long file names but we can still go back and reference the website to see what is in that .bin- I will also include the "ID#" in the notes. I think this is a good idea- What does everyone think? On another note I will be takeing my friends car to the dyno to tune it "with and without the nitrous" so I will have a real good .bin with areal good description-I will post a new topic so everyone can give me a hand with baseline tuning before I go to the dyno.

------------------
KYLE-SERGEANT USMC
Old 09-04-2002, 08:26 PM

Ok, I follow you now. If everyone thinks that would help, I am game. I still want to concentrate on getting it up and running without problems first, but if your willing to help with the description files that would be fine. ALOT of the files I have now are in LT1 format, but if you want to convert them and add notes that would be great. I am also working with a board memeber to create a page that you could add the files without email, and then they would be approved by a moderator such as myself. Give it a real professional look and feel. If all goes well it should be functional like this within a month. I also added some pre 92 stuff, and asked for donations from the LT1 mailing list. This is getting a snowball effect everyday. Thanks alot everybody. This is gonna be really cool
Old 09-04-2002, 09:03 PM

I will convert the .lt1 files to .bin files and add the desription to them and than convert then back, than I will send you both of them- you can deside what version(.lt1 or.bin) that you want in the data base. I will start adding the descriptions in the notes. *Note* I will only do the files that you have good descriptions for, there is no sence doing the files with bad descriptions. **if anyone has 1/4 times or RWHP from their cars that can include them in the file description, please do so** Do you want me to add ID#'s to the files that I add the notes on or are you going to do that first? I bet you didn't expect that much of a responce. We really do need to do this right, there are 2 many half a$$ (no disrespect to anyone with the other .bin and .lt1 databases) it is a lot of work and the only way to get it 100% right is with a group effort. I will do my part!! I have a little extra time on my hands because I am getting out of the Marine Corps in the next month or so and don't have to much to do at work until I get out, so I can work on it a little here and there. I will start downloading files tomorrow and adding the description and emailing them back to you, let me know about the ID#'s and any other things you need me to do!!! Thanks again for starting this!!

------------------
KYLE-SERGEANT USMC

Quick Reply: Bin and Lt1 files. I am sick of waiting. bring it on