Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

2bar+ support for DA cars.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 11:17 PM

2bar+ support for DA cars.

I've been working on definition file for $DA-B as I've called it. This is to make things a little less confusing (for DA owners anyway) when rescaling for 2bar on a stock rom. Its pretty much done, but not sure on the legality of releasing it since its based on the $DA TunerCat sells.

Also I've been working on hacking the ROM to rescale the map voltages & tables for better resolution.. here is what I've done/figured out so far:

1.) I've found the map scalars, but havnt figured out the formula yet.

2.) I have successfully moved the fuel/timing tables (normal and ext) to an unpopulated area of the ROM. I did this so that I can eventually expand them 5-6 columns for boost instead of losing resolution on the vacuum side of things.

When the column expansion is complete, I will update my $DA-B definition ... I think at that point I'll be in a legal position to share the definition, but need to email TunerCat on that.

Thats all I've had time to work on, but... making progress. Who knows, maybe eventually i'll finish this work... and trust me when I do finish I'll release the info to DA owners free of charge. I figure at the very least you can take the info, modify your own ROM and make your own definition if I'm not allowed to share mine. I have no intentions of doing this for EE, as I own a 93.. speed density owns you.

If anyone has any info on GM map scalar formulas... lemme know.

Anyway, just thought I'd share!

Last edited by Gimpster; 12-07-2004 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:11 AM

Re: 2bar+ support for DA cars.

Originally Posted by Gimpster
I've been working on definition file for $DA-B as I've called it. This is to make things a little less confusing (for DA owners anyway) when rescaling for 2bar on a stock rom. Its pretty much done, but not sure on the legality of releasing it since its based on the $DA TunerCat sells.

Also I've been working on hacking the ROM to rescale the map voltages & tables for better resolution.. here is what I've done/figured out so far:

1.) I've found the map scalars, but havnt figured out the formula yet.

2.) I have successfully moved the fuel/timing tables (normal and ext) to an unpopulated area of the ROM. I did this so that I can eventually expand them 5-6 columns for boost instead of losing resolution on the vacuum side of things.

When the column expansion is complete, I will update my $DA-B definition ... I think at that point I'll be in a legal position to share the definition, but need to email TunerCat on that.

Thats all I've had time to work on, but... making progress. Who knows, maybe eventually i'll finish this work... and trust me when I do finish I'll release the info to DA owners free of charge. I figure at the very least you can take the info, modify your own ROM and make your own definition if I'm not allowed to share mine. I have no intentions of doing this for EE, as I own a 93.. speed density owns you.

If anyone has any info on GM map scalar formulas... lemme know.

Anyway, just thought I'd share!
Cool! Keep us tuned in of your efforts. I am sure that TC would not mind. I share several files with him all the time. Just pay him the courtesy of emailing him and let him know whats up
Old 12-08-2004, 02:36 PM

Shoot chips@pcmforless a message as I do believe he's got the whole swap down for moving to a 2Bar sensor on a 93.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:18 PM

Well this whole thing has started because I bought (am in the process of actually) his (Rooster93v8's) Eaton setup. I hack Honda/mitsu stuff and bought this GM... so figuring stuff out on my own is always nice

I know he has some 2bar stuff figured out, but I don't want to step on his toes or release any tunes/info proprietary to his business.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gimpster
Well this whole thing has started because I bought (am in the process of actually) his (Rooster93v8's) Eaton setup. I hack Honda/mitsu stuff and bought this GM... so figuring stuff out on my own is always nice

I know he has some 2bar stuff figured out, but I don't want to step on his toes or release any tunes/info proprietary to his business.
Gotcha. You're going to be really pleased with that Eaton setup. That thing is freakin cool.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:25 PM

I'm EXTREMELY excited to get the Eaton setup... thats all I have to say on that
Old 12-11-2004, 02:56 PM

hey i have a super charger @ 6-7 psi and 37lb lucas injectors and need a 2bar tune does any body want to share a program/tune i have moates programer just email the bins files thanks any help will be very helpful
Old 12-12-2004, 10:38 PM

Care to work the same thing for 94+?
Old 12-16-2004, 12:42 AM

Updates on this